Today I have mainly been

Despite sounding like a euphemism, we went up The Shard today for drinkies. 30 minutes to get served, surly staff, incorrect drinks ordered, stand up argument with the bar manager because I refused to pay the 12.5% “discretionary” service charge, then another stand up argument with the server for adding the “discretionary” service charge anyway.

While I can accept paying £17 for a flute of champagne and £14.50 for 50ml of gin, I will not accept poor service.

4 Likes

Travelling down to Lerwick Hospital and back. Lou is in good spirits but nervously waiting for a date to be flown down to Aberdeen to see the cardiac consultant. Seems like further heart surgery is the most likely outcome. The scan results are not encouraging, so it’s off to Aberdeen Cardiology Dep’t.

Were the bar staff from Sydney? That level of not giving a fuck and charging like a wounded bull is usually to be found there or in backpacking bastards in London.

1 Like

doesn’t matter where they are from, its the Shard, they feel and act like they own the world and can get away with anything…

1 Like

Bugger ! Sorry to hear that. Here’s hoping all is not as bad as it seems and she gets sorted pronto.

1 Like

still having a cold.

Best of luck in Aberdeen. Fingers crossed for a good outcome,

2 Likes

True. But on the other hand, I take it you have rarely had the pleasure of NSW-stylee service. They have developed irritating the punter to an exquisite level guaranteed to ruin the day of even the most patient of diner.

Hope all goes well, Paul and Lou. Routine surgery? Best wishes, from us all.

1 Like

Really hope everything works out ok for Lou, Paul. It must be a difficult time for you both.

1 Like

Missed this earlier Paul. I hope this all passes off with the most routine of treatments. It must be very stressful for you both. Best of luck for a quick, stress-free and very successful outcome for you both.

2 Likes

too true, my trip to Oz was in the early 90’s and I have faded memories of the place. Did a road trip from Melbourne to Noosa along the coast over 3 weeks. My fondest memories were of Noosa, I have little memory of Sydney let alone NSW

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

Killing everyone at work.

Had poached eggs for breakfast and have been producing the most noxious nostril burning sulphurous smelling farts all day, one of the guys said it reminded him of a trip to yellowstone park on their holidays but not in a nice nostalgic way.

You know it’s a bad un when you can’t stand the smell of your own guffs.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear Lou’s still keeping the doctors busy Paul. Very best wishes from here.

Graeme

1 Like

In Bristol, two courses tomorrow where some twat turns me into an extension of HR with their transformation bollocks, all very chairman Mao and his little red book.

Decided getting shredded tonight and nursing a hangover will get me through it. Looking for a cheap restaurant that will serve a plate of chips and hide twenty five quids with of wine on the receipt.

4 Likes

Replying to a director who is complaining that his people get too much email, when it’s him and his management encouraging the email storm by copying everybody into everything. You can’t make it up, really you can’t.

Is he complaining in person?

Or by email :thinking:

You know how, you really do.

Of course it’s via at least 10 emails today.

My wine is now a thinly disguised baked camembert, malbec style.

6 Likes