Today I have mainly been

I’ve spent this afternoon amazed at my sons transition from balance bike to pedals. First time out he didn’t want me to take my hand off his shoulder (but I wasn’t actually having to support him), second time out he was riding unsupported, today he was starting himself unassisted, cycling uphill, controlling his speed using the brake downhill and he cycled 5 miles with a well deserved cafe stop in the middle. Very proud.

7 Likes

Another day looking for my mobile, it has been lost for some considerable time. The rain cleared up this afternoon and I went down the garden to ponder on the new bench. I looked up at the greenhouse roof and there it was, in plain sight.

Still works and it’s been out there for nigh on a week in the rain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fondling donkeys…

1 Like

Giving the HiFi and surrounding area its annual clean, taking the opportunity to swap some stuff around. Have got tha Anni and colibri running through the lounge Copla HA into the Vida, never bothered mixing the lounge head amp with the Vida as i have a lounge phono and this has always partnered it, the Vida takes it to another level and seems to gel really well,

Also had this back in use for the first time in a while
Connected to a DNM pre single ended ( never bothered doing this either as I have always preferred the Graaf balanced) must be sounding good as a pile of LPs has developed on the floor.

8 Likes

I still remember my first day with my Dad pushing and holding the seat. I turned round to smile at my Dad and he was all the way back at the other end of the street :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not bad for an 18 year old :grinning:

2 Likes

now I am on to sorting out flacs and MP3’s. I have a master ripping machine with a copy of most on, and then a NAS that serves music to the house (and another NAS that is a backup of the first NAS and the master ripper), then I have a copy on USB for the car, a copy on micro SD on my phone (for journeys), another version on Micro SD on my tablet (for weekends and hols away) …and they are not consistent… The NAS appears to hold everything, but with nearly 15000 tracks, I can’t be 100% certain… but Louise is demanding an up to date library for our jaunt to Barcelona later this week.

:grinning:

1 Like

Fitting new wall lights in the lounge and other assorted odd jobs.

Also got an invite to a Porsche open day so I’ve been winding Helen up that we’re going :grin:

Yeah, the only way is to be really fussy about tagging and file structure, or you end up in the kind of place you seem to be. Have fun!

badoom tish :thumbsup:

Today, after 8 weeks on a low carb no sugar diet (23lbs lost) I have mostly been out to a lunch of Tuna, anchovy, olives, chilli and mozzarella pizza baked in a wood fired oven, followed by sticky toffeee pudding, banana ice cream and caramelised banana :heart_eyes: it was fucking delish…

13 Likes

One if the best things about the occasional splurge while on a diet (as long as it really is very occasional) is that IME it didn’t actually put any weight back on. It was as if my digestive system was somehow taken by surprise and was unable to extract the 3lbs of fat that I’d tipped into it without warning. By the time it woke up the stuff was through me and in the tender care of Thames Water.

VB

1 Like

Tidying the workshop and finishing the rebate plane off

6 Likes

Good to hear you could show him the alt.(& fuel needed) fun bits as well.

Walking round a castle.

You should have gone inside, it might have been interesting

2 Likes

exploring Hell Lane near Bridport.

6 Likes

Waiting for Yorkshire Puddings.

On Friday Jan decided we’d have a full roast dinner tonight. So this starts with 3 YP’s for starters.

Followed by roast beef, roast potatoes in goose fat, cauliflower picked this afternoon from the garden and the best gravy that could be made. Washed down with a drop of red stuff.

Nectar.

2 Likes

Don’t be silly, there was knights and stuff.

1 Like