Today I have mainly been

Trust you to be an objectivist

Having a clean install definitely helps - the main thing youā€™ll be noticing is the performance boost from having an SSD. If the hp wasnā€™t literally held together with tape Iā€™d have recommended ordering an SSD etc - blergh.

The \ key is in the wrong place on some hp ā€œconvertiblesā€ we have at work - I cannot type on them because of it.

1 Like

fixt :+1:

2 Likes

Getting completely wankered in true AA style.

None of this AA bollocks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have them, they are shit.

Donā€™t by any chance do London call outs do you Craigā€¦:tired_face:

1 Like

Today weā€™re off to Aberdeen RI for Lou to have an angiogram and other tests. We also get to discuss the op with the surgeon.

There will be a positive outcome to all of this!

21 Likes

Hear ! Hear !

VB

1 Like

If I prayed, Iā€™d pray for you both. But as I donā€™t then you have nothing but my most positive thoughts.

1 Like

Funny, at last weekendā€™s bakeoff the one thing everyone agreed on was that ā€œyou canā€™t be 100% sure somethingā€™s any good until Tuffbobā€™s said itā€™s shit.ā€

Then we all laughed.

larfta

Cheers Bob :+1:

11 Likes
6 Likes

I hope so Paul. Stay positive mate.

1 Like

Without doubt mate. Itā€™ll get sorted :+1:

1 Like

getting my first listen to Audio Note Non-Magnetic Silver Tantalum resistors and Dueland Hybrid capacitors in one of the copper cased Model 2 preamps back in for some tlc

5 Likes

Those hybrid caps are massive :flushed: hope Pete can find enough room for them in the 9000Sā€¦

ā€˜Coke can sizeā€™ spec :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hope it goes well Paul.

1 Like

My best wishes guys!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got half a dozen of these

Stacked three high theyā€™ll be 730uF at 1350V which should be a pretty effective smoother for an SET amp based on an Eimac 304TL. Hereā€™s someone elseā€™s

VB

5 Likes

Definitely on the chunky side for a 0.47uF

The caps for the new SIT amp will be insane - about the size of a 500ml can of beer. And thereā€™s 10 of them!

3 Likes