Today I have mainly been

Not today, but yesterday.

Took the 11 year old Kia Sportage to get it MOT’d. It passed with a couple of minor advisories.

So 12 months more motoring to ‘enjoy’ It’s as dull as ditchwater, but as long as it keeps going it’s fine for here. The snow covered roads made the dash back for the ferry rather interesting! (and made me thankful for 4WD)

26k miles now (from new) so it’s nearly run in :grinning:

4 Likes

Would have been cheaper to take Taxis !

Probably, but we did have 2 cars and the other one did 25k/yr minimum.

brilliant , glad to see a fellow campaigner

nice , i remember the old shape sportage , didn`t see many about . now every second car is a kia , and many of them sportage . good to see them doing well in reliability ratings too

Kia

? So, um, you identifying as trans-sports-saloon now?

1 Like

To see Greg Davies do stand-up. Fucking hilarious, was crying with laughter by the end of it.

1 Like

Avoiding pressure from management to go up in the loft and get the xmas decorations down. My explanation that it is only the second of December, and xmas is years away, hasn’t worked… Also sitting in front of the fire & growing my winter beard.

4 Likes

I was putting the finishing touches to this final fitting yesterday. The customer is 6’4" with a slight corpulence and a very prominent chest (47"), so it doesn’t fit the size 40 stand very well. There is a slight flat on the edge of the left lapel as you look at it, which I won’t be able to stop myself adjusting before he comes in at 11am Monday. Fabric is 100% silk jacquard with silk satin facings. The smoke is woven not printed.

12 Likes

Big Dur? :thinking:

1 Like

Older with skinnier legs and a bit more gut.

So it’s a smoking jacket then :thinking:

Pretty much!

Andy carroll?

2 Likes

I said slightly corpulent not china doll

2 Likes

Repeatedly photographing my fat fingers instead of the scenery

10 Likes

Also got several good shots of my shadow.

Skills like this are rare indeed.

4 Likes

Finally after 3 months of room refurbishment with the system packed away I’m almost done. Funny how I thought it would only take a couple of weeks :smile: Anyway I thought I would build myself a new rack as i have been wanting to do this for ages. Not totally finished but you get the idea. Its feckin big btw. Just need to sort out something for the Oracle now.

19 Likes

Celebratory bakeoff?

1 Like