Today I have mainly been

Not before the New Year Ian.

Mainly sleeping and recovery after a night at Brighton Komedia, then had friends round until 4am.

Working :slightly_frowning_face:. Some nonsense to get organised for a difficult meeting on Monday.

That’s a nice lookin telly you got there boy! What are those speakers Nick?

Well done Nick. Between that and the outside, you have put in a lot, of fantastic work.
Time to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I’ve been pandering to my OCD and finished off Nick’s room.

3 Likes

at the football

1 Like

Gershman Avant Gardes

1 Like

Driving from Sth Oxfordshire to Ypres in Belgium. Eating good food and drinking loads of decent beer.

Oh, and joining the throng at the Menin Gate for the Last Post and tributes. Very moving even without the assistance of alcohol.

5 Likes

Walking from west Oxford, where my sister lives, to Didcot, where I live. And, from the middle of the afternoon onwards, comprehensively cursing whoever allowed the footbridge over the Ock at Marcham Mill to become unsafe and also whoever it is in Oxfordshire County Council who hasn’t seen to it that it’s been promptly repaired.

I was heading via Marcham towards Drayton (see map). The first I knew about a problem was a sign on the road south out of Marcham saying the route was closed because of the unsafe bridge. It didn’t look like a new sign (turns out it’s not - see below).

So, with 9 miles already in my legs I had to return to Marcham and head as fast as I could west on the A415 and then south on the A338. Both of these are very unfunny roads to walk on (fast traffic, no pavements, bends). I had to get across the particularly unpleasant A338 bridge at Venn Mill before the light started to go. This detour turned a less than 17 mile walk into a more than 20 mile one and meant that I was still in the countryside when it became pitch dark instead of on the road south out of Sutton Courtenay which at least has a pavement.

I now find that the bridge was closed in 2013 (WTF ??). And they’ve just extended the closure to 2020 (see last but one bullet point here http://www.marchamparishcouncil.gov.uk/) ! Seven years ! I don’t normally swear (much) but FUCK ME - the Danes and the Swedes agreed to build the Oresund bridge in 1991 and they opened it in 1999. As the parish council notice flatly points out “There is no convenient alternative route”. Tell me about it.

Someone’s arse needs tanning .

VB

3 Likes

Supermooning.

Happy birthday Jim

1 Like

The birthday boy show you his bottom?

1 Like

Have you moved the system over to the opposite wall?

They sounded a bit shouty to me on the other wall, so I hope he has.

That was just to you. They were perfectly polite to all other guests.

1 Like

Yes.

Well with Karan amps it will sound shit wherever Nick puts it.:zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Commiserations - I once walked from Frillford crossroads to Grove passing through Venn Mill in the dark after a late night at college - It’s a bastard. In my case my very mean Father refused to pick me up from Frillford after me hitching from Abingdon to Frillford and failing to get a lift for the second half of the journey. So I had to walk five miles in the dark and cold mostly on roads without a pavement.

Mobile phone & Taxi , sorted !