Today I have mainly been

That’s a bastard but the main thing it is fixable.

1 Like

Or even HiFi :astonished:

Take those daft ideas to another forum. No room for them here :smirk:

1 Like

Presumably you’ve been checked-over for underlying conditions like diabetes that can cause this?

1 Like

I have. All clear thank fuck.

5 Likes

Are you short sighted? Go private and get some intra ocular contact lenses fitted. Four of my colleagues wihh cateracts have done this and managed to throw their glasses away.

Hmmmmmmmm. Worth thinking about, cheers.

Got a very weird follow up email today from the IT director, it’s the xmas party next friday and he sent an email to all the contractors a few weeks ago saying “it would be great if you all could put some money behind the bar for drinks, I’m not asking the permies to contribute” Today he sent another saying “thanks for all the contributions so far but I’m sure you can all dig a bit deeper, send your money over to xxxxxx please”

Is this the norm for contractors to subsidise permanent staff drinks as this is all new to me?

I’d tell him to fuck off myself

5 Likes

What he said !

This^^^

1 Like

It’s a shitty thing to ask and i have never heard of this in my years of subbying He is an arse. Remember though that not contributing my impact potential contract extensions. It may be best financially long term to bite your lip and contribute something rather than make a point of not

If you are going to the event perhaps ensure that you offer drinks to those people who treat you well.

This. Buy your own drinks, and those for people you get on with.

1 Like

It’s just not something that’s asked. I’m afraid he’s being a stupid cunt. Clearly he resents what contractors get paid.

I make a point of buying people drinks when I’m out with clients, but that’s because I like to think I’m generous and appreciate the opportunity to work with them, it’s certainly not because I’m expected to.

As already suggested just buy people drinks who you get on with.

Buy me a case of wine and I’ll sort it with him?

Wot he means. Fuck him.

1 Like

Building IKEA furniture. FML

2 Likes

Jeez Jon ! What have you done to deserve THAT :flushed:

I quite like it. I guess I’m weird.

1 Like

It was certainly improved by the fact that I had the house completely to myself, so didn’t have to deal with interference etc.

I don’t have any difficulties with it (far too much time spent building lego models from diagrams), it just gets very dull after a while.