Today I have mainly been

Quick. Post us a copy.

WE WILL HELP!!!

In wood or metal?

Metal,trying to make a slightly bigger hole on one edge of an existing hole for a tonearm
Probably best to take it to work

1 Like

Ogling the milfs in Asda after being ordered to do some shopping, not very productive. The saps rising so itā€™s out with the pup for a walk, always productive, Barnaby is one hell of a fanny magnet, just wish I could remember what to do. :sob:

3 Likes

Frame work for BBQ annex attached to the wall. Only remaining structure to move into place is the roof then PVC panels to be attached.
Sand for greenhouse leveled. Looked at instructions for the said greenhouse and realised we went for the 6ā€™ x 6ā€™, whereas I had laid a base for a 6ā€™ x 4ā€™ !! I wonder who changed the online order :rage:
So, more sand moved and leveled. Now, due to the extra size encroaching on a steeply sloped part of the garden, I need to create a retaining wall to stop the sand from washing away.
My day just gets better :disappointed:

Or you could dig the high part out so that itā€™s level with the lower part. OK, so part of the greenhouse would then be below ground, but depending on the orientation that might not cost you anything in sunlight and, well, given the day job it might feel more familiar :grin:.

VB

2 Likes

9 Likes

Repairing and rewiring a Glasshouse 300b amp

4 Likes

Yes, I considered this butā€¦thatā€™s a lot more work and, because I have already moved a shit-load (thatā€™s a metric shed-load) of sand already, plus Iā€™m too pig headed, I shall build a retaining wall.

Today I have mostly been erecting my pergola.

7 Likes

Flinging dog shit over the fence,and having a footie kickabout over the park

2 Likes

Practicing your ahemā€¦ ā€œhand motion techniqueā€?

2 Likes

Furiously.

2 Likes

You need to crack on with that

ToCā€™s Joseph audition is on Friday.

2 Likes

Finished now, have been trying to take a ā€œGentlemanā€™s Napā€ but the bloody phone keeps ringing. :grinning:

I do hope you havenā€™t inadvertently sewn the lamp flex into it (very easily done) :slight_smile:.

VB

Ordering Nest and a plumber. Heā€™ll fuck it up, I just know it.

Could I ask why? The Nest that is.

Fitted boiler today and fellow wanted Hive fitted.

Load of old wank. Good quality Honeywell programmable stat will wipe the floor with that Internet of things wank.

Gimmicky hipster wank with overshoot problems.

5 Likes

this morning clearing up after someone - emails etc. Then on my back dismantling a tableā€¦ because oh silly me, I forgot the porters arenā€™t allowed to dismantle furnitureā€¦ so I didnā€™t book maintenance to dismantle the table, porters to move the table, and then maintenance to reassemble the tableā€¦I wasnā€™t going to let the porters leave without moving the table, so I made them wait whilst removed 24 machine screwsā€¦

lunchtime - chairing the judging panel for our student projects and handing out prizesā€¦ nice jobā€¦

this afternoon attending the Chairs pre ethics committee (the place where all the legwork gets done before the real Ethics Committee meets next week) pontificating on invasive studies, the nature of data, its storage, destruction and re-useā€¦ and checking up on the progress of some clinical trialsā€¦

gosh how I like varietyā€¦

1 Like