Today I have mainly been

Maybe she needs to slip a sweater over her bikini?

3 Likes

Because it is a peice of piss to use, great user interface. the old fashioned ones are plain shite in comparison, sick to death of the fucking things.

Rumbled!

1 Like

Well it is your birthday I believe Steve :joy:

Shhhh

Work day birthdays are pants. We have just walked the dogs and itā€™s freezing so the heating is back on!
My wifeā€™s favourite trick is to put the thermostat up to 30 when she gets up at half six. When I get up itā€™s like a furnace and if I forget to turn it down I come home to an oven!

You donā€™t have a timer?

Do you not have thermostatic rad valves?

Iā€™m in London near Moorgate for two days at a conference (Domain-Driven Design Exchange) at SkillsMatter.

I think several people from my office are going to that.

Itā€™s the new shiny.

Iā€™ve been doing it since 2005. :slight_smile:

Lots of first-timers today. Iā€™m glad that itā€™s finally gaining real traction.

Swimming and then avoiding the ton of work I need to get done today. Dammit the procrastination monkey has me in its grasp!

1 Like

me too - I have a piece of work to do for our professional body. The deadline is tomorrow - I have the content but I keep procrastinating about how to structure the contentā€¦

I keep avoiding it by re-opening the debate about trans-humanists with our roboticists

The only way to break through is just to start and not worry about it. Iā€™ve just blasted out two pages of garbage but thatā€™s now helped me to a) get going b) work out what it should really look like.

Worrying mostly :sweat_smile: After 43 years with the NHS, wifey retires tomorrow. Motivated, determined, principled and innovative she should be proud of her contribution to the health service over the years, I certainly am. But I fear her attributes will change my lazy, slovenly come day go day, have fun regardless outlook on life and leisure. I think Iā€™ll have a lie down, anxiety for my future sanity is acute :pensive:

3 Likes

Finding fault in the new contractorā€™s programme

Congrats to wifey. As for you, youā€™d better sort your act out - sounds like sheā€™s gonna whip you into shape :grimacing:

1 Like

You may laugh, but this is a serious dilemma, I can only see serious changes to my lifestyle ahead. I may even have to get out of bed before 08.30hrs !!! Woe is me and thrice woe.

In which case, it was good while it lasted, but youā€™re proper fucked now matey :joy:

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry, folks like your better half (it sounds like that really might be an accurate description !) wonā€™t be able to sit still and swat you for very long. In fact itā€™s best if they donā€™t let up at all. Iā€™d recommend signing her up for the local

NHS patient representative committee
School governors
Citizens advice
Befriending the elderly

and as many charity shops as you can volunteer her for. She doesnā€™t fancy being a PCSO does she ? Or the Police and Crime Commissioner ? The Royal Mail are always on the lookout for posties. In the meantime you need to come down with an intermittent bad back.

VB

3 Likes

yep - two pages of enhanced assessment, robust peer review and risk management all nicely structured in a table will set them rightā€¦