Today I have mainly been

I’ll make sure I tell them that they are best :wink:

Sam trying on a Tuba for size, he’ll be moving on to one of these when he’s done his Grade 2 shortly.

9 Likes

:ok_hand:

…really polite to a trio of Jehovah’s Witnesses who chose to ring on my doorbell and not depart immediately :angry: when my utter lack of interest was indicated as carefully as possible. May they spend half of eternity in bardo before being reborn as season ticket holders at West Brom.

I’d tell them to feck off, but where is the fun in that?

Quiet day in the Fens?

Don’t you have some llamas to milk or something?

3 Likes

Far more fun to tie them in knots with questions about their bible.

My two favourite are, is it ok to own another human and can you explain Jephthah please.

I find that a statue of Baphomet placed just inside the front door tends to hasten their retreat.

1 Like

FXT as I bet they couldn’t

1 Like

I find that in response to being asked whether I believe in God or not, the response “No thank you. I’m far too empirically inclined for that sort of thing” sees off all religious nutters*. None of them know what empirical means which ensures that they retreat at maximum speed. Today I neglected my customary response and chaos almost ensued.

*I suspect this wouldn’t work with Irish Nuns, but I can evade them by walking at average speed.

you should have invited them into the abattoir for a reasoned and adult discussion.

1 Like

:+1::joy::+1::joy::+1::joy:

1 Like

If they persist then you could point out that you do, however, believe that any indications of child sexual abuse should be reported immediately to the police, whose authority absolutely trumps that of any self-appointed religious hierarchy.

VB

2 Likes

Quite civilised, particularly for £49 a night.

£3.65 for breakfast doesn’t bode well, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

The room may be a little close to the bar(s). We’ll see what happens when the locals get cidered up later.

The Palace of Versailles called. They want their mirror back.

11 Likes

My favourite is “can’t stop to talk I’m just off to the blood bank to donate”

4 Likes

I did a good line in brass switches and plug sockets. But that was in the 1980s

2 Likes

That was my feeling, but the mains socket has a fast USB charger built into it. Someone actually specced this stuff.

Different strokes I guess.

My kit is now back in position after their jolly over the weekend. I was worried the little speakers wouldn’t be able to fill the room but it definitely wasn’t a problem. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The Foley Arms?

I’m pleased to say that the bike is still in one piece - gave it a good run out today and no problems :muscle::biking_man:

2 Likes