Today I have mainly been

I am old and secondary :wink:

6 Likes

Playing about with a lashup preamp using a 6EW7 with a choke load and output cap.

2 Likes

Agreed, if its in your contract. I doubt itā€™s in Robs contract.

Wondering what music to play and what beer to drink this evening.

:thinking:

Thatā€™s a really good idea, and would also work for trains and the like. So presumably if you have 10 days off in the holidays you get only the standard 20 days, whereas if you work all the holidays you get 25 days, or more cash?

Itā€™s a much better system than direct allocation or first come first served, but transitioning to it might be a challenge I guess.

Itā€™s weighted, so that if you previously had a more desirable slot, next time you will have less of a chance. Entitlement doesnā€™t change afaik.

You and me both mate :rofl:

1 Like

Switching energy suppliers again. A year comes around so quickly.
Current supplier Eon are well off the pace despite being the cheapest last time. Never fails to amaze me how screwed up and complicated the market has become.
Gald that phone call is over for anothet 12 months.

2 Likes

I have this to do for both our gas and electric. Oh what fun :slight_smile:

Have been imagining what it might be like if incarnated - with consciousness - as a chair leg.

1 Like

Wood or metal?

Wood. Skipped the part where one is reincarnated as a tree as their could be some vague joy in that.

You should watch ā€˜The Lobsterā€™.

:grin:

1 Like

I doubt it would affect your posts much :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

For some reason I am reminded of The Doors Of Perception by Aldous Huxley.

Hauling bloody great big speakers around, and replacing some of them with peculiar little dinky ones.

Now my back hurts.

2 Likes

Go onto uswitch / money supernarket / compare the market put in some figures from old bills and get a cheaper quote? I donā€™t get bogged down in finding the absolute cheapest, someone Iā€™ve heard of who will answer the phone if I need them and is a bit cheaper will do. Click the button and the switch begins. It doesnā€™t take as long as you think.

3 Likes

I saw that at the cinema, good job the girl I was with was more funā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t bother with The Killing of a sacred deer. Just awful.

I would pay someone to do that for me. Iā€™ve said before that I think thereā€™s a business opportunity here. The model would be that over the next year it should be objectively possible, based on my new bills and the rates offered by my current providers, to work out how much Iā€™d saved by letting whoever it was switch my suppliers for me. He would get, say, 25% of the saving and I would get the other 75%. Once he was doing this for enough people he could automate the process so his overheads would be low. The problem of course would be that within a few years this business would force the suppliers all to screw their prices down to the absolute minimum or theyā€™d die. At this point the margins would vanish and the switching management company would go bust.

EDIT: A side effect would be that once all the suppliers were charging the same bare minimum prices weā€™d essentially be back to a monopoly, minimum-profit supply. Like it used to be.

VB