Today I have mainly been

I doubt it. The minute the intermediary’s potential profitability became known it would be hoovered up by the suppliers and/or one of the major asset manager who is heavily long the suppliers and all savings disappear for the end user.

Who did you use? We recently switched to Bulb from British gas.
Our monthly payments dropped a lot but it’s difficult to be sure if there will actually be a significant saving.
It was easy to change though.

Visiting a chap who sold me these

They are some more of the DER valves (very, very simple directly heated triodes) that I’ve mentioned before. They have had a little use but I’ve tested them and they are still working pretty much as they would have done when they left the factory. They haven’t been separated from their individually serial-numbered boxes. When they were new they would have cost the equivalent of £90 each, or so. They cost more than that nowadays. The stamps on them confirm that they are between 94 and 96 years old. I’m thinking of building a headphone amp with them, although they’re very low-powered so I’ll probably have to find an early pair of sensitive high-impedance phones. It won’t be hi-fi I’m afraid !

VB

8 Likes

Scottish power this time. Monthly payment for dual fuel is now £74.

Ps. Ordered your dsp and remote today.

1 Like

Ours for dual is £79.94. So similar costs.

You have to watch things like a hawk - Out of contract costs rose massively with our last vendor. We were six months paying much higher costs without realising it. I am sure they plan it that way - Bastards.

Don’t utility warehouse largely do what you say / want?

They offer loss leader rates to get you to transfer and a high percentage then forget to rebroke at the end of the contract.

Sitting Shazam-ing the hell out of my digital radio’s sd card since I got it in 2010.

Some good stuff and enjoying mp2 technology.

Listening to the difference between a Linn Lingo 3 and Lingo 4.

I know…

But there was a massive improvement.

Is Vanessa having that? Worraslut

4’s always better than 3 (unless it’s the number of warts on your cock)

1 Like

… or the Fun Boy Four. And I think you could probably start a bar fight between fans of the 301 and the 401.

VB

Indeed

Although the 301 is best, of course :wink:

Hangover…mostly gone now

Mine is mild and hopefully fading.

…fucking grumpy. My Cavern of Anti-Matter LP arrived in an odd mailer that clearly didn’t provide any protection. This is going back:

How bloody annoying :angry:

It’ll be OK. The Duophonic folks are really helpful and PayPal is my friend here. I had to walk around to be Post Office to get it and the bloke behind the counter (who knows me) was very apologetic. ‘You’re probably not going to be happy about this’ was his comment when he came back with today’s pile of record mailers…

Spent the last 2-3 hours playing my guitars and really enjoyed it.
First time ive picked them up this year, I’m such a knob.

4 Likes

Me too Graham. I’m playing more than I listen to music recently but the addition of 3 new guitars might be a factor :smile:

4 Likes

Nice, new gear always helps.

For the last 25 yrs ive done the same thing, play for a while get good, progress a little and then quit for 3+ months (occasionally a year) and then start all over again.
I accept that’s how my relationship with guitars is, but still annoys me.

1 Like