Today I have mainly been

Turns out I still have a job for the time being. Can’t help feeling that the writing is on the wall for my role. Fat redundancy cheque would be nice…

9 Likes

The valve and NOS ls3s/vintage tannoy bunker and my to be house

Uploading…

4 Likes

How much is it?

Have no idea. Would love to live there though Not sure if it is still water board property

Squat young man.

1 Like

Is that an order?

3 Likes

Today I have mainly been stacking and sorting a remarkable number of boxes of wine delivered recently - Sam had the genius notion to turn her large stash of air miles left-over from her former commute to the US into credits she could use in BA and Virgin’s shops - turned into about £2Ks worth of beer, fine wines and champagne - all earmarked for the wedding… (except the Really good stuff, natch)

…about which event, 42 RSVPs sent (not to any of you cunts, obvs), 4 replies + 1 non-committal email and 1 non-committal phone call. All 3 of my closest male friends have long-since flunked for different reasons. :slightly_frowning_face:

Just needs my mother to die out of sheer spite a day or two beforehand, and it should be perfick :ok_hand:

Cheered myself up by stopping in to the butchers in the village on the way back from the PO and buying a couple of kilos of assorted meats to scorch on the barbie tonight :+1:

11 Likes

Each malingering twat who fails to respond is one less snout in the booze trough :+1:

When is the happy day?

Dean should be able to pick up the slack if you have any catering commitments.

4 Likes

Typically about two days afterwards I believe, when the family have all left, the party wreckage has been tidied up, the hangover’s starting to wear off and it’s just you and the love of your life. (Only joking, it’ll be wonderful !)

VB

4 Likes

Thanking the street’s lucky stars. My street is straight and rather narrow. It slopes very gently from the police station at one end down to the butchers at the other. Around 13:30 a woman parked her car at the police station end and went round the corner to the bank. Shortly after she left, her car’s handbrake let go and the car started to roll backwards. For some reason it moved from the right side of the street to the left, so it just clipped the wing mirror of a van parked 30m behind it. My neighbour, who was walking in front of it, heard its alarm going off and stepped out of the way, assuming someone was reversing (illegally, it’s a one-way street). Imagine her surprise as the empty car sailed past. She was very lucky. After another 60 or 70m the camber took the car off the road and it came to a stop, rear-ended into a telegraph pole. The rear driver’s side wishbone has snapped and the spring has popped out, dropping the car’s weight onto the wheel. It was 10m short of going rear-end-first into another parked car.

14 plate Vauxhall Insignia. Electric handbrake. Hmmm …

VB

2 Likes

An extra reason to always leave the car in gear. I’ve little sympathy for the owner.

2 Likes

Had quite a productive day (by my standards) hoovering up outstanding jobs and getting some money in.

Fitted shower pump first thing then onto an old worcester boiler with no hot water. Turned out was pcb issue and my mate had an old one in his garage. Picked up and fitted. Then onto concealed toilet leak, outside tap and a couple o’ cp12’s.

Now having a beer in garden.

2 Likes

discussing with my lovely neighbour who wants to turn his 4 bed into a 7/8 bed semi detached … i can smell trouble ahead !!!

mmm thats definately a good idea to do methinks . my wifes manual handbrake corsa been recalled as apparently handbrake can come off if you apply in a certain way .

Not working from home for most of the day :grinning::+1: Sorted a couple of small planning issues this morning and then spent the rest of the day checking the puter while sorting my piled-up paperwork.

G&Ts beckon

1 Like

I hear ya brother… but a small light refreshment first. The thing in the background is called a lawnmower for @stu’s benefit.

Cider in the sunshine. Proper.

I tend to leave the car in gear and with the wheels pointing into the kerb if I’m on any kind of a hill, and ours has a cable handbrake. But if you don’t live in our street then the slope is so gentle that you could easily miss it.

VB

1 Like