Today I have mainly been

Was hoping to come then hit Ikea,but overslept

1 Like

Spent an enjoyable morning with mat and John the womble at Exeter record fair, it’s a funny old world is record collecting. Now back to dismantle wardrobes in preparation for euro mania this evening

1 Like

Been at Derby Hospital, Donna’s had an MRI

4 Likes

Hope all is well :crossed_fingers:

Today has been wasted lying in bed feeling exceptionally shit, punctuated with half-hourly blasts of white-hot arse-gravy into the nearest crapper…

1 Like

Hope Donna is OK mate.

1 Like

Climbing Cheviot in actual sunshine.

Gratuitous pic for @Valvebloke

Hope Donna is OK @freefallrob

5 Likes

Best wishes to Donna, hope she is OK

1 Like

Where’s the moat around that trig point? Looks as if they’ve done some work since I was last there.

Hope it’s nothing serious Rob.

1 Like

Been years since I’ve been up. There are huge flagstones for about a mile either side leading to and from the summit now.

Thanks for the pic. But I’ve never been up Cheviot, despite all of Mrs VB’s older relatives recommending it.

For now I’m still banned by the podiatry people from walking any real distance at all. The soft-tissue lady who’s been seeing me recently, and who I’m starting to think is actually really good, has a theory which we’re testing. In the meantime I also have to go and see the musculo-skeletal people who a) have lost all my records in a transfer to a new provider (Useless. Tossers.) and b) only have appointments in the foreseeable future in bloody Henley-on-Thames. So that’s where I’ll be on Friday.

Much more importantly, best wishes to Donna Rob. Hoping all is well.

VB

1 Like

That sounds unfunny. Can you still get kaolin and morphine ? A more obviously functional remedy it’s hard to imagine.

VB

1 Like

Bit early for wedding nerves :unamused:

1 Like

Hope it’s nothing serious. All the best to you both.

2 Likes

It was the trig point I thought you may have seen. Was there not a thread years ago about you and some trig points? Or did I dream it?

1 Like

Hope things are ok Rob - thoughts to you both

1 Like

There was. But not that trig point. On one of my prep walks for the Lyke Wake Walk I was delayed by a guy who was ‘bagging’ them. Here’s his record T:UK - Trigpoint list. About half way down on 2016-04-04 at 16:50 he makes it to Louven Howe. In the log he re-christens me brian. Which some people thought was funny.

VB

1 Like

Ah that’s it. For some reason I thought you were a ‘bagger’.

Silly bugger, yes. Bagger, no.

VB

1 Like