Today I have mainly been

From the sky colour, I’m guessing Coatham.

Muffin?

1 Like

Church of St Colin, Filey?

I’ve oft pondered that dying by an overdose of pastel de natas would be a noble way to go.

4 Likes

Of course, the old Four Aces / Labyrinth.

Didn’t recognise it at first in the daylight.

had a huge impact on my early teenage years. I was brought up just around the corner from there.

We used to do a night there for a while in the mid-nineties. Great fun!

we used to sneak in around 1978-80 (I was 13 in '78). My parents moved us out of Dalston/Hackney to the burbs of NW London - they thought I was getting too connected with the local “scene”. But that place, the reggae record shacks (and they really were) on Ridley Road Market, and the weekend long blues parties our neighbours ran, all shaped my musical tastes to what it is today.

I used to buy records at a tiny shop called Java on Dalston Lane.

Me and the mrs went back last summer on a bit of a nostalgia trip - all my family were from Dalston on my Dads side and the Isle of Dogs on my Mums. Ridley Rd Market hasn’t changed that much…

Lunch

10 Likes

So much for ‘five a day’ :grin:. Did you eat the lemon slice ?

VB

ahem, Lemon wedge

3 Likes

There was a plate of sweet onions, tomatoes and garlic with olive oil and salt. Basic peasant fare but fresh and honest - delicious but not quite uncle bens

Be honest. There still is, isn’t there.

And peasants eat KFC washed down with own brand cola.

VB

2 Likes

This peasant doesn’t. Have been having a competition to find the largest tomato. Fruit of loin 1 likes this game

3 Likes

ahem, KFC don’t sell own brand Cola - it is Pepsi, which IMO is just as bad though

I never said they did. They don’t sell sofas either, but you can eat KFC while sitting on a sofa.

VB

3 Likes

yeah but no one goes to KFC and comes away without a drink

No one comes away from KFC without an oversized bucket of sugar filled drink

1 Like

Mmmmm KFC.

2 Likes

They gave me raging indegestion in Lisbon. I did eat three in a sitting mind.

2 Likes