Today I have mainly been

Where’s the chips ?

Pricing up vast arrays of kitchen equipment

4 Likes

Recovering from a run ashore last night, found random Chinese curry in microwave.

2 Likes

Day off… so far, it’s been all about coffee.

4 Likes

Starting now, I’ve got 2 1/2 weeks off :grinning:, before I start my new job.

At this moment, life is looking ohh kaay :+1:

9 Likes

Fending off the “shit just got real” in the job (not very) search.

Large American Financial Services firm got hold of my CV. So far today 3 interviews lined up. Location looks good anyway.

Then a recruitment consultant phoned to ask if I happened to know [my old boss]. After talking to said old boss it transpires he knew fine rightly that I did, and was just inserting himself unnecessarily (but very lucratively) into the middle of a deal. He probably needs a punch in the cock.

Sitting having lunch and watching an osprey catching fish, stunning.No camera to hand off course :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

On holiday John?

Surprised you didn’t mention it…

2 Likes

One of his greatest qualities is being discreet about his holiday plans.

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t talk about it as it upsets old ginga Jock :sunglasses:

1 Like
  • of course
3 Likes

7 weeks.

Another holiday??? You’d make Richard Ayoade jealous :nauseated_face:

Of off on ??

Looking for a new place to live. Either Norfolk (family) or Shropshire/Powys (close friends), she hasn’t made her mind up yet. I don’t mind either.

She wants a conservatory and doesn’t want the hi fi in the same room as (her) telly.

Quite difficult - not many places with a conservatory and a second reception (but could be a basement/cellar, loft conversation or double garage to convert). with a minimum size of 15’ x 12’.

11 Likes

WOW!
Big change. How long have you been in London?
Enjoy the search. Hope you find a great new place.
Norfolk would be better for future bakeoffs.
Which has the cheaper houses?

2 Likes

I moved down from Liverpool in 1979, Ann was born in London. We’ve lived here in Ilford since 1994, so 24 years.

Norfolk and Shropshire seem to have similar prices, Powys maybe 10% cheaper.

Bloody hell thats quite a move.

Wouldn’t catch me in Norfolk but Shropshire is lovely. You’ll have @mickbald round every day with fresh carrots and wanting to play his records on your Kronos.

5 Likes

Norfolk is nice but a long way from anywhere Shropshire is nice but parts of Powys much nicer

Good luck with the search

Whew! Big move. Hope all goes well.
How about a small stately pile? - Lord Jim of Cuntryshire has a ring to it

2 Likes