Today I have mainly been

I liked Norfolk a lot when we visited recently. But as others have said, it’s a bit remote.

I think you need to make your mind up where you’re going, then start a “where should I live” thread, and finally ignore all the strident opinions that you’ll doubtless get.

1 Like

I think the obvious answer to that is Jim gets a Lexus.

1 Like

I already have several small stately piles :smile:

Can’t be anything too expensive. Our house is worth about half a mil, but I want to get a place for me and the Mrs and a two bedroom flat (around here somewhere) for the daughters out of that.

4 Likes

Pinchbeck, close enough to Norfolk :wink:

1 Like

But what about the neighbours ?

VB

Why do you think it is so cheap?

That’s the smart move :wink:

1 Like

My cousin moved to Hereford a while back and I’m amazed what you can get for the money. It’s not too far to direct London trains either. You can get a decent place for £300k or less

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/46905600?utm_source=v1:5bWFDybfWx7C7AGpeagt7mP3PgcqjuqJ&utm_medium=api

Fuck that, they’re seriously backward in Hereford. The last time I worked there I was seriously shocked and embarrassed by the volume of insular attitudes and unashamed open racism - all completely normalised. This was from apparently educated and professional people not the general street trash.

Nice one Jim :+1: We are doing exactly the same thing. Been looking at Kent, Essex and Suffolk.
Norfolk isn’t that remote and there are some lovely places there ( not as cheap as it once was though) I was up in Wroxham recently it was only 1 1/2 hours in the car, good for visiting the girls if they are staying in East London and there are lots of nice places in that part of Norfolk.
At least you’re house will continue to rise in value while you make decisions and find somewhere :+1:

1 Like

Jesus, fuck that.

Moving away from the nice south east is a bloody silly idea then.

Suffolk is lovely. Would still be living there, if not had to move, for work.
We will not move from here, until ill health forces us to.

1 Like

Meh, there’s cunts with that sort of attitude all over this country - Norfolk is the same. Wouldn’t stop me living there though, as Paul says Norfolk is a lovely place and so is Shropshire.

If I hear anyone being a fucking bigot, I shall tell them what I think, (unless they’re bigger than me of course - then I’ll simply ignore them :wink:)

3 Likes

True, but I was truly shocked by how many of them are indigenous to Hereford!

Jim isn’t small

£260K gets you a palace with a sea view in some places.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/46415031?search_identifier=e5c0c96f7f8b001f48333c0b5635f0d1

2 Likes

Neither are my piles :persevere:

They must be well anchored, to withstand such frequent & severe gusts. :wink:

1 Like

That place would fit the bill Guy, plenty of scope there for a hi fi room :+1:

Shame it’s not in the area we want :confused:

Was playing golf this morning and came across this chap

Only a baby, about 18" long.

1 Like