Today I have mainly been

Said I would help my work friend - he has a Kenwood KA3020 Special Edition amplifier which was losing one channel occasionally and there was a bit of a headphone jack stuck in the socket.

Dismantled it to clean the pots/switches, resoldered a tone of dodgy looking joints, cleaned the relay contacts and dismantled the headphone jack/cleaned/resoldered. Working well now.

Find this sort of thing really therapeutic.

6 Likes

What about somewhere that is tolerable for both you and the girls? For example Hoddesdon in East Herts has places like this for you two, and you could find a two bed flat for under £200k for the girls. Then you’d be close to them and also to civilisation.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/47634194?utm_source=v1:5bWFDybfWx7C7AGpeagt7mP3PgcqjuqJ&utm_medium=api

Maybe…but the daughters want to stay close to their places of work - they both work in local schools.

…and tbh, I wouldn’t mind it if I never had to go on the M25 ever again.

F.O.L 1 attempting to trap a crab, I’m not sure what his plan was for the hapless creature but I’m sure it was diabolical

5 Likes

My first amp. I was very happy with it. Especially when I upgraded the cables.

now a quiet bit of London for hotel free champagne and nice dinner

4 Likes

Seems fine. Played it for an hour or 2 then checked the idle current.

Not worst piece of gear I’ve worked on but a lot of wiring had to be de-soldered to get PCBs out in order to work on them - annoying.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:
:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

400 screws!

1 Like

Bouldering with my daughter this morning, followed by a nice off/on road spin on my hardtail. Then an impromptu visit to our local hostelry for cider in the sun.

Now preparing bacon, egg & chips for three.

4 Likes

Sounds like me and Claires first year together…

5 Likes

No need to go broadband on us

1 Like

What a spot-on day :+1:

I also bought some Tyskie… for later… my first time…

2 Likes

Yeah yeah …

Be gentle…

Really… never tried it before. Three bottles chilling now.

In which case, enjoy !

chin chin :beers:

is that all?

I was working at Worthy Down and Larkhill most of the year and she lived in Chester, so only got to see each other at weekends.