Today I have mainly been

Lying in this for the first time in ages:

My idiot dog is scared of it and kept me awake growling at the hammock.

:angry:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Finding a slow puncture on the Mazda. This weeks shifts make it difficult to find time to get it sorted. Finally arranged a home visit on Friday (the day before needing to drive to Spalding :roll_eyes:).

I’ll have to take Narelle’s car on it’s annual outing onto the M40 :flushed:

In Scotchland. Hot yesterday, today cloudy and cool. Getting annoyed at being mistaken for either a Frenchman or a German.

take off your beret and lederhosen

7 Likes

Pastis de natta sampling in Spain and Portugal today. Spain wrongly is winning

3 Likes

On what criteria? Formal score cards, I hope

1} custard
2} pastry

You need to get nearer to Lisbon.

1 Like

We foolishly left behind glorious sunshine to spend 4 hours on a grey, sea mist covered Cornish beach before returning home to an evening of glorious sunshine and G&Ts.

1 Like

As in the training camp near Winchester?

Yes, home of the Adjutant Generals Commandos. i.e, I was on MoD finance and system admin courses for pretty much a full year.

Buckfastleigh otter and butter fly centre followed by a quick razz on this

And then scoffing the scones from this morning

Grand

4 Likes

More instructors than trainees, biggest Sergeants Mess I have ever seen!

1 Like

PASTÉIS DE BELÉM, just outside Lisbon if you can face the queues.

otherwise the train station cafe in Porto São Bento

I mostly had to use the Officers mess due to rank equivalence. Was OK, especially when Dick Strawbridge was on a couple of the same courses as me. He’d just been made up to Lt Col iirc. Fuck he could put away the beer.

Is there anywhere in the world that you aren’t intimately aware of the best eateries? I am starting to get a little jealous :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There are other,smaller places in Lisbon that do them as well if not better. I was taken to a couple.

1 Like

Looking at a townhouse my Aunt has bought. Today I learned old Spanish buildings and building regs (permit for a kitchen, permit to paint, permit to pass wind) are a labour of hate

Front looks small

The old bath was tiny

New bathroom 1 of two

Roof garden will have outdoor kitchen (a similar size terrace at the back will be used for fuck knows what

Shit pic of the view, the place is opposite the zoo so every now and then you hear the lions roar. I like this as the lion and spiral staircase leading to the roof add some peril to gaff

A shit load of work to be done and by all accounts, four bedrooms main kitchen and a fucked drainage system which will undoubtedly require permits and permissions… personally I think she should of bought a half decent tonearm and cartridge but she wanted a “party house” I’m tempted to inform her about the abundance of joy found in a well honed mind garden but I doubt she’d have the foresight

6 Likes