Today I have mainly been

drove to York

Went for a nice long walk around Topsham and tested out my bargain ÂŁ17.50 second hand new looking Fit bit HR - Then I replaced the charging port on my iPhone 5s as it was failing to charge without facing with the lead - As expected this was a lot more difficult than the utube vids suggested so it took me an hour plus but all is OK now and it pings properly when the charge lead is inserted.

4 Likes

Surprised. I put some test tones through my system and was pretty shocked that my near on 50 year old Monitor Golds still go up to 20khz. The real surprise was that I can hear a 20khz tone. I’m 55 in August.

2 Likes

You have audiophile ears :grinning:

Are you sure that what you heard wasn’t your MGs only going up to 10khz and that’s where your ears really go up to!

20khz at your age, that’s impressive - how loud did you have to play the test tone!

I still laugh at @Wayward not hearing a 10kHz tone.

We should change his title to “doesn’t need tweeters”. Especially as he has quite expensive ones!

4 Likes

Very sure. I ran the same test tones a few months ago and was gutted as I could only hear the tone come in at 12 khz. Despite the speakers sounding really great, I was on the point of splashing the cash on something else as it had really got under my skin.

Anyhow it turns out my old dac must have been the culprit. With my new dac the old MGs are 100% fine. What a relief. Saved myself thousands, literally, by double checking on a friend’s advice.

Surprisingly modest volume

Probably intermodulation at 10k :slight_smile:

They are wasted on me in a five way for sure. :joy:

They cover just one octave, and you can’t hear that one :laughing:

1 Like

Being carer. Narelle has hurt her back, so I’m fetching and carrying.

1 Like

Ow ! She has my sympathies (over her bad back, not the standard of your caring).

VB

2 Likes

Fortunately there isn’t much by way of music above 10khz.

2 Likes

That probably explains why my Goodmans 201s sound so nice to my tin ears

on a train to Leeds for a bit of this n that, followed by lunch here

2 Likes

Another interview. Seemed like a nice guy and an interesting project. And a truly optimal commute (in London terms at least).

Got past round 1 with yesterday’s interview, so now it’s the “take home coding challenge”. That in itself doesn’t look like too much of a challenge, but the attitude displayed so far by the prospective employer is a bit of a red flag.

Narelle’s seen an osteopath and has more movement.
We’ve just got to decide if it/she can take the drive up to Spalding tomorrow :thinking:

1 Like

Recovering from tripping at the top of our stairs (while carrying a small amp) & headbutting wall hard.

Amp was fine, neck & forehead less so. :face_with_head_bandage:

11 Likes

I’m pleased you are okay.

I want to laugh quite a bit, even though I know it’s RONG.

:rofl:

7 Likes

Staithes for crab sandwiches for lunch

7 Likes