Today I have mainly been

No, that is also banned by the HSE.

Do you use the Force then?

They wouldn’t know what a hod is, strictly prehistoric methods. I was shocked to see an electric cement mixer recently. Otherwise it’s all done with minimum technology. That includes standing breeze blocks on big tin cans for scaffolding

Outdoor painting stuff.

I haven’t needed to call the emergency services yet, so I’m calling it a win.

Lighting / electricity bits have now shipped, so there’s always scope for a major conflagration in the next couple of days.

Report them to the HSE.

Lots of people have said that but having reported them for so many other things i am a little reticent . it is rather sad to see 2 thin chaps struggling to get big 20 foot plus joists up to roof height . nearly felt like helping them !!!

when they started they just climbed up on the roof with no ppe at all , no chutes , no skips , no scaffolding and started throwing all the roof tiles in the front garden with folks walking by and expensive cars parked nearby

then they threw the joists in the back garden from the roof like big javelins

P1060114 by , on Flickr

that apex they just pushed off !!!

They are rafters.

3 Likes

the apex being the v shaped bit where he is standing , they just pushed it off the roof and then the rafters came off like javelins

i think its called the gable end

If one of them has an accident Phil you might feel a bit different

I hope they don`t . the contract says the the client is responsible for health and safety on site , i have reported it to local council and officers visiting this week after months of nagging them

It is not easy.
You can only do so much Phil.

1 Like

Sitting on a SouthWesternRailways train stuck outside Vauxhall - for the last hour. Train rammed, like a fucking oven. The treatment of paying passengers in this country is a national disgrace.

Some started walking the tracks to get into the station, but even with my scant knowledge of electricity I thought that wasn’t such a good idea.

Driver to be fair has tried to offer apologies which are sincere.

Just been cheered up by some middle aged bloke watching Frozen on his iMac with mahoosive headphones on.

Probably an abattoirist.

1 Like

Not giving a shit about much. Because St Emilion :+1:

7 Likes

Fantastic dog walk and met a local miner, who was lived in my area all his life.

1 Like

Tomorrow Pomerol and maybe Beyzac Et Cazenac.

3 Likes

You’re not at home then?

:roll_eyes:

Did I not mention that I was away ?

1 Like

in France per chance?