Today I have mainly been

Walked down to the beach in the corner for a bbq with the missus, just lovely secluded and the sounds of the waves .

Good half hour descent with coolbox and all

Porthera cove , near morwah

11 Likes

Watching the sun go down over the river at Henley.

2 Likes

Having dinner with Mrs VB and my brothers and sister at my sister’s place. The brother who lives in the US is over for the weekend. Just great to see him. He’s on a job in Milan and is due to fly back there tomorrow. BA. Oh dear.

VB

1 Like

Put up in a very nice hotel in Cancun courtesy of BA, flying home tomorrow with AA via Charleston NC, isn’t that where JB Cobra lives?

1 Like

The BA cock-up seems to be the outsourcing to India of their IT support and development and running of IT systems. Not the first time I have seen this level of cock-up and Indian support.

I used to work for a well known telecoms company as a software developer. Most of the dev jobs were outsourced to India 10 years ago. The projected cost savings have still not materialised…

I imagine it will take a lot longer than ten years for BA to recover its losses, even if you factor in the full savings that they might have hoped for from relocating to India.

Companies rarely do achieve them.

I know of one large American bank that had major, major issues with their outsourcing to India, their main transactional systems got badly corrupted by a incorrectly administered ‘fix’ and they had no working back-ups in the last two months of trading. Took them three weeks to get back to some sort of stability after going back three months and rolling forward the transactions. Their systems were effectively buggered for 8 days.

A very good friend used to work for IBM until last year and used to travel around the world sorting out these sorts of messes by outsourcers mainly in India and Brazil.

I thought it was a power supply problem in their data centres? Must admit, I don’t know the full story.

That is their PR spin. They may have had an issue, but the main problem is a software update. I can’t see BA having no UPS and standby generator to be honest.

1 Like
1 Like

Another “not quite satisfactory” DIY job completed. :smile:

3 Likes

Laying newspapers on your pathway is not really DIY i’m afraid.

2 Likes

Guests of Rolex at the golf at Wentworth… :golfing_man:t4:

It’s so much more than that! - Those stones didn’t just fly there.

1 Like

Chatting with Seth Lakeman who tells me he’s moving in a more psych folk direction.for the next album. :grinning:

4 Likes

Bollocks to his psych albums,can he lay astroturf?

3 Likes

He’s moved to Yelverton. You could nip round & ask him later when he’s finished his set here.

Time must be flying past for you…

2 Likes

Today I have mostly been stranded in Cancun :sunglasses:

4 Likes