Today I have mainly been

To start: Pancake morning in the Village Hall. Blueberry pancakes cooked by our resident Mercan, served with excellent local bacon and Canadian Maple syrup. Proper cosmopolitan here :thumbsup:

Then lunch at The Bounty in Bourne End…

Followed by a pint at The Crown in Cookham…

My blue shirt in the above pic is actually woven bamboo. Does that count ?

4 Likes

No bamboo is a grass, Wood comes from trees. Species fail.

Sounds like you’re having a nice day though!

1 Like

Doh ! :disappointed:

Still…

1 Like

I’ll leave the moss on them for added texture and roughage,

only chance we’ve got of getting any green stuff down them next w/e !

I was planning to get clever and highlight that it’s way above species, maybe as high as order. But a couple of minutes has made me realise just how complex plant biology is, so I won’t bother!

2 Likes

You should be doing that after everyone’s gone not before :grinning:

Cake just out of the oven.

Watching the Simpsons, the Flowerpot men and an Oompa Loompah cycle past while losing at cricket.

2 Likes

Listening to the top of the line Devialet monos (1,000W @ 6 Ohm ) in a room /system that I know very well. Anyone, other than the studio engineer, who thinks they have heard Led Zep III as they heard it is probably delusional . There is bass on that album that I did not know existed and the attack on Paul Simon’s Graceland is jaw dropping. Is it worth it and is it musical or not are not the criteria that were employed in the assessment. The phono section with the choice of RIAA curves, adjustable impedance /capacitance for cartridge optimisation and the built in DAC would not be cheap as equivalent stand alone units. The Phono has remarkable resolution and is hyper fast. No valve loveliness here no matter how resolving a valve stage may be and at present I am used to listening through SJS top of the line valve phono stage with all the trick bits. A Marmite product to be certain.

4 Likes

Cake.Naughty boy.

I have no cake :frowning:

This one’s for tomorrow at Ian’s.

But nothing stopping you from popping round sometime; you’re always welcome.

Horrified to say that it did. Would be easy to overdose tho. A small amount and it was reet.

Reduction. Ya bony legged fuck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh, the bathroom scales has zero music content, it’s just ‘sound’.

You’re such a poncey pretentious little flower :grin:

3 Likes

Fair play to them then, even though breaking the yolk on your behalf is unforgivable. There is no better pleasure than popping a runny yolk with a piece of toast. No-one should deny you that simple joy. Hipster twats.

Might give the pesto a go, just in the name of research you understand…

Still not happy with the toast debacle.

Perhaps he should have flung the beans at the wall of the cafe and said he missed the bread and as he had no plate to put the bread on it all fucked up. :grinning:

2 Likes

WTF is Pesto???

8 Likes