Tour de Michael Winner?

Tour de France starts tomorrow :grin:

who do you think of the main favourites will win the General Classification (GC)?

• Chris Froome
  • Richie Porte
  • Nairo Quintana
  • Alberto Contador
  • Jakob Fuglsang
  • Fabio Aru
  • Alejandro Valverde
  • Romain Bardet
  • AN Other
  • Don’t give a fuck

0 voters

Reasons and ongoing discussion of evolving race welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Surely a sweep on which performance enhancing drug they’re all using this year would be more appropriate, or guess the % of blood which is their own? :thinking::grinning:

6 Likes

Isn’t that new game for the Olympics though?

Yes but with the cyclists there’s the added fun of guessing who’s package is who’s every morning.

1 Like

Oooooh get you with the early morning smutty comments…

Is Bmtell in it - assumed his lack of posts was down to all the training he’s been doing.

Whose (x2).

6 Likes

Great start for Froome and Team Sky. Not only did they win the stage with Geraint Thomas but Froome gained valuable time on all the overall contenders and Valverde is out, so Quintana will be a little isolated in the mountains.

Froome is an utter android, if he displayed some form of personality I’d worry that he was was off his epo, or that his positronics were being affected by some form of radiation.

1 Like

Shame that Valverde crashing out in the opening time-trial will weaken Quintana’s bid.

Well done Geraint Thomas! We’ve become accustomed to Brit stage and Tour winners nowadays, so different from when I started following in the 70’s.

EDIT - I see that I am ljrussell, and I claim my £5. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s nice to see someone agreeing with me - it’s been hard being the lone voice of reason on the Abattoir.

2 Likes

Phinney was impressive today and so nearly made it.

I wear the same Giro shoes as him: in cycling terms, there the comparison ends.

Cav looked OK too.

Cav comes across as a tad depressed in his interviews?

I’ve always thought that he comes across as a bit simple.

I suppose he’s had a depressing year with having glandular fever :face_with_thermometer:

Sagan excellent entertainment today

I can’t wait for the serious stuff to start on Wednesday.

The crash looked really bad and Cavendish is probably out but it looks like a harsh decision on Sagan.

Looked like a fairly cynical move by Sagan but then…