Tour de Michael Winner?

Future GC Roglic (hoping 27 yr old ski-jumpers can make it), future KoM Atapuma.

Four contenders within a minute, one big mountain stage to go. :face_with_monocle:

Last big mountain day, and still three within thirty seconds!

Done and dusted?

Itā€™s not won until Paris but baring anything dramatic, I think heā€™s safe. I donā€™t think the route has suited Froome this year and I donā€™t think his team has been as strong as the last couple of years but heā€™s still in the yellow jersey.

It has been a great few days of racing, nip and tuck, so to speak. Barring a wobble in those pointy Pyrenees, Froome has looked solid if unspectacular. The time trial will be gripping!

I wouldnā€™t rule out Uran doing something in the TT he looks in the form of his life especially evident today when he closed a big gap to Froome seriously quickly - that rattled Froome and he has to defend a slim lead now. For Uran itā€™s simple; he has to give everything heā€™s got to possibly win the TDF. Betting man would go Froome though.

1 Like

Frooooooome!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I was willing Froome to catch Bardet at the end.

Me too.

Booing in the velodrome was ironically sweet. Just shows how good he is and how much he gets under their skin :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good tour overall.

Bardet has been brilliant and deserved his podium place. He also spoke out against the disrespectful booing which is aimed as much at Sky as it at Froome - Bardet sadly was also sick yesterday apparently. The French booers ought to be looking to the future as they have a new generation of brilliant young riders coming through.

But still, Froome sweeping into the stadium chasing down Bardet, underlined just how ā€˜completeā€™ a rider he is, (despite his style on the bike ā€˜a spider fucking a paper clipā€™).

Landa will be disappointed but will have a chance for a podium place or better next year - well impressed with him this year.

Suspect Matthews will get it today.

Quintana biggest disappointment?

Dā€™accord!

This has been the most exciting Tour of the last few, but Iā€™m delighted for Froome - he really is the most complete racer at the moment. Next year looks great in prospect as well, from the hints weā€™ve seen this timeā€¦

So tight on time, even Sky will have to be at the top of their game to make it one moreā€¦

Well done, Chris. The ultimate jersey in sport.

Iā€™ve been watching the Tour for the last few days, and itā€™s been great. Never really watched it before. Itā€™s the most astonishing feat of endurance and athleticism, with loads of drama thrown in for good measure.

1 Like

ā€¦and drugs. Donā€™t forget drugs.

Mad scenes today. Massive hailstorm covered the road in ice. Some riders are really unhappy but I will avoid spoilers.

I dunnoā€¦it would give them some groundforce :grin:

1 Like

It is a bike race not a gardening show :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is that a new espresso system?

I meant to say downforce but my brain explodedā€¦again :unamused:

1 Like

I knew that but was too polite to suggest you were having a senior moment you grumpy old relic :smiley:.

2 Likes

Pretty amazing today, will go down in history for many reasons. But for me I will remember Gā€™s generosity and humility in supporting Bernal, who at 22 is the most astonishing of a group of incredible cyclists.