Twitchers Revisited

Oh, I know. Savi’s warbler is only present in the Fens. I suspect that Grasshopper Warbler range is extending though. They were fairly common in Co. Durham before we left, but quite scarce 20 years ago.

Mistle Thrush.jpg by -DaveBailey1-

4 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Is there any way to post a video taken from my iPhone on here. It’s about 20 meg so will need a link somehow.

I think you would need to upload it to a video hosting site like YouTube and then post a link?

I don’t know Mick.

This was a test of embedding a video from You Tube. So far uploaded the file. !

Which didn’t work - bye for now :slight_smile:

Sorry, fail atm

Twitching from space…LoL :grinning:

I’ve been watching my robin pair this evening and the past few nights. They clearly have some hungry beaks to feed given their non-stop activity.

I cut the lawns today and did some digging over which has offered up a menu of winged mini-beasts and grubs which the robins have been taking advantage of.

I look forward to seeing these little gems.

Taken in my front garden a few days ago. Young buzzard who looks like it copped a sunbathing pigeon and is now being mugged by a magpie.

12 Likes

I don’t give out plaudits too often Mick but that is a great photograph. It perfectly captures hunter, hunted and opportunist.

You should submit it to wildlife photography competitions.

2 Likes

Thanks, I took it through the kitchen window. Saw what I first thought was a small bush or bit of rubbish, ran to find the camera and took a shot, realised the wrong lens was on, swopped to my biggest zoom and got 4 more shots.

When I tried to get the shot from outside it flew off.

I’m afraid it’s a bit out of focus to anything special and cropped a lot.

Since I’ve just been redirected to this thread, some of my ‘finds’ on Fetlar this autumn

Yellow-Browed Warbler in our garden

Upland Sandpiper (First record for Fetlar)

Female Redstart

Hopefully there will be more ‘finds’ to share before this autumn migration is over

7 Likes

Lovely photographs Paul. Thanks for posting them.

Bearded tit

6 Likes

On our neighbouring island of Unst. A Parrot Crossbill.

It’s an awful photograph, but in my defence it was blowing a gale and raining, but it shows the size of the bill and as it’s an extremely rare migrant…

4 Likes

Some winter visitors on Papil Water, Fetlar today. Two adult and one immature Whooper swans

1 Like

Looks so incongruous among the pines.

Like a dinosaur in a carwash.

3 Likes

Today I was Birding at Farmington marshes - very pleased that i took my camera

10 Likes