Unfortunate Names (childish giggles thread)

August Kundt and his tube always used to raise a titter at school…https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundt's_tube

My nephew (8 years old) has a classmate whose parents saw fit to name him Blu-ray.

Tragically, I didn’t make that up.

wrong

is his surname Player or Disk

When I was a kid we had someone local hippies doing the good life thing who had named their kid “Wolfgang Amadaeus Onslow-Free”

I once taught some twins, brother and sister, named respectively; Aston Martin Keyes and Ferrari Keyes…

I used to supervise undergraduates in an experimental lab, and mark their lab reports. They worked in pairs and we recorded their results against the surnames of the pair. A lad whose surname was Christmas managed to team up with another called Day. Ho ho ho.

VB

1 Like

That would be sweet.

I hope to fuck that he doesn’t have any siblings. The possibilities are frightening.

I am not normally an advocate of giving more power to the State, but there are times when I wonder if social workers should assume a Judge Dredd style way of operating.

Some parents just need repeated slapping.

VB

1 Like

I went to school with Chris Peacock and a guy called John, whose middle name was Thomas.

I once met a girl called Norma and had to try really hard not to ask her if her surname was snockers

4 Likes

You are Les Dawson and I claim my £5…even if you’ve been a bit dead for a while.

I once knew a girl called Jenny Tools.

A friend married a Jenny, his name was Taylor.

Also worked with a John Thomas and a Michael Hunt at my last place of employment.

1 Like

many many years ago I worked in Olympus Sports on Oxford Street. One morning the boss put me on the reception desk which meant I had full control of the public address system. One of my so called friends called me on the internal phone and asked me to page “Mike Hunt from head office” to the managers office…I duly made said announcement over a very loud and clear PA system, much to the amusement of several hundred customers and colleagues…

of course Mike Hunt was fictitious and the only people who weren’t amused (its the only time I’ve seen someone’s head look like it was going to explode with rage) were the boss (and unbeknown to me) his wife who was visiting the branch from Head Office where she was a buyer…

amazingly I never got the sack, but was never allowed back on reception again… which was always a cushy number…

1 Like

Hugh Jardon got a big shout out at Trent Bridge during and England match a couple of years ago…

Soon sent a titter round like a Mexican wave!
The announcer must have asked for him four times. Poor sod.

1 Like

At least wetwang is genuine.

Been through it many a time…