Useless items in cars

Richard Hammond

5 Likes

So you can quickly drop it down a cog and use engine braking as you would a manual. I use mine quite often. Saves riding the brake down a hill for example, or slowing down a bit towards a roundaboutbout you can see is clear.

Mahogany trim?

The cup holders in my poxy Audi. They are so far under the dash that you need to tip a cup to a 45 degree angle to get it in or out.

Also the “Audi Drive Select” button. Allows you to change driving mode from “Cuntish” (the default) to “Red-faced sales rep” or “Furious, shit-flinging baboon.” They all feel exactly the same, probably 'cos the car is a manual without the electronic suspension adjustment. Allegedly it changes the weight of the steering, but not so as you’d notice.

3 Likes

The BMW 3/4 series ones have a big cover over them, so if you use them, you hav ethis piece of useless plastic kicking about.

Indicators appear to pretty much useless in a lot of cars these days

ftfy

Yes most use the power of telepathy now :thumbsup:

Wasn’t he the baddie in for your eyes only?

1 Like

Electric steering is pretty useless, for the tiny improvement in mpg you lose most of the road feel through the wheel…

That’s progress for you…

1 Like

Who is ‘stronzetto’ aimed at?

Nope, not mahogany trim/James Bond villain/auto shifter (assuming they’re in response to the picture.)

Look at the controls.

Always a good question, but hardly ever with a good answer…

2 Likes

Yep I hate it.

Electric steering, or progress in general? :laughing:

2 Likes

Both, back to the caves I say!

Boyfriend of Plenty O’Tool, iirc!

Wait until its all fly by wire…only a matter if time.

Stronzetto is the glue sniffing figment of imagination, of someone’s figment of imagination.

2 Likes

Rubbish! Next thing you’ll be telling us @A_Touch_of_Cloth’s bucket is allegorical or @Calmdown’s porker is a damning post-modern critique on the excesses of capitalism.

Pull the other one Matey!! Stronzetto for PM.

:confused:

Won’t be too bad if you’re actually flying… :nerd_face: