Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

Less is moar :wink:

1 Like

Gone the way of most threads on here.

You start off thinking you know what you want and start a thread.
By the time you make a purchase it is for something completely different costing 4 times your initial budget.

7 Likes

Yep, another splash yer cash thread.

Have no idea about watches,but all the ones i like the look of are very simple where you can see the hands clearly.
Some look far to busy to me.

3 Likes

Specsavers? :+1:

1 Like

Yes but that was before I knew how much the insurance was going to pay out for the two stolen watches. It was about Ā£4.5k more than I expected.

So this watch was effectively free :laughing:

Yeah, I think Iā€™m the same. On the one hand I love seeing all the innards, but the cutouts really do compromise the usability of the watch.

So long as you like it bud :+1:

2 Likes

How? Are you hard of seeing?

Yes, watches are very much ā€œin the eye of the beholderā€ :+1:

1 Like

Mind, 4 kiloquids would have got you some seriously THICC cables - a proper heirloom loomā€¦ :cry:

1 Like

Or an upgrade on your Phono Stage. :hugs:

1 Like

:smile:I truly struggle to believe a meaningful upgrade on Jimā€™s phono stage is technically possible, even if you lobbed a few kilos of silver magnet wire wrapped around some E-cores into it

1 Like

Dilithium Crystals core with Infinity Drive windings, perhaps ?

2 Likes

Errā€¦I might have a little problem with my prospective watch purchase. :thinking:

Iā€™m buying it via Chrono24 (a bit ilke ebay for watches) from a vendor in Switzerland. Iā€™ve done some web searches on his operation and he gets plenty of 5 star ratings - canā€™t find a single bad thing said about him. Heā€™s also active on FB and instagram.

He has just contacted me to ask me to confim but also mentions that the watch will be subject to ā€œlocal VATā€. This would obvs increase the cost dramatically to a point where it might be cheaper to buy from a UK vendor.

Iā€™ve had plenty of stuff delivered here from Europe before and never had any VAT added. Is Switzerland different?

http://www.brighton-accountants.com/blog/vat-uk-switzerland/

Google says yes, youā€™re fucked.

Another nice little post-Brexit thing weā€™ve got to look forward to, incidentally.

Donā€™t think toblerland is in the EU CU so you have to pay VAT on import, often see ads for tax free cigs/tobacco that are shipped from there just because they donā€™t pay VAT at source and then fiddle the UK import description.

Exactly all the above.

Expect a nasty bill for VAT and duty.

Merde :tired_face:

A bad person planning on committing VAT fraud would compare the cost of a day return flight with 20% of the purchase price.

7 Likes

This is a handy calc for working out the import and duty from a country, pitney bowes used to do a very good one but the cunts closed it to the public

1 Like