Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

45mm is too big Gregg

Youā€™re not helping yourself, are you ?

Sorry. You did say 42 and bigger.

2 Likes

Lovely. I have a 1958 stainless steel Longines Flagship that was my fatherā€™s watch.

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thing is, the insurance is paying out a hell of a lot more than I was expecting :heart_eyes:

I did mention that new-for-old policies are great ! (Except the premiums obvs)

2 Likes

Ā£4 buys an awful lot of watch.

A brief search on Chrono24 for Ā£2k to Ā£4k, 40-42mm, located in the UK, JLC or IWC threw up

A nice Inge

or Portofino

Portofino chronograph

Actually, there are boatloads of Portofino.

2 Likes

Ā£4k obvs, not Ā£4. That wonā€™t buy a pint.

:heart_eyes:

What you waiting for, then ? Dive in.

42mm, thin bezel, in house movement (not outhouse movement, thatā€™s something entirely different), infinitely higher quality than the Oris

1 Like

And itā€™s in Southampton, so (IIRC) @thebiglebowski can check it out for you.

WRT the Speedy pro above - I have one that youā€™re welcome to borrow if you want to road test it.

I think I may have it on a truly offensive NATO strap at the moment but that would just avoid the pain of resizing the bracelet.

I have one, and a Flightmaster. The Speedy pro is probably my favourite watch. Recommend what you have, OP ignores, thatā€™s how these things work right?

1 Like

Sorry, ā€œyouā€ was referring to @Jim, so the offer still stands, but of course you @edd9000 would also be welcome, although it would be a bit pointless.

Gotcha, you replied to my post you see :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s my dream watch. Iā€™m 50 next year, Claire will absolutely not buy me one, so Iā€™m considering selling the Ducati to get oneā€¦

1 Like

They can be had quite reasonablely second hand, mine is the basic 80s model with naff bracelet and 861 movement.

Not as reasonable as I expected, but still a good deal cheaper than new.

2 Likes

Ditto on the loaner offer.

And as @edd9000 says, donā€™t sell the bike, and donā€™t under any circumstances but new from a high street jeweller.

2 Likes