Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Surely, an unglazed hcb is just a fancy bap…

4 Likes

Glaze is for sticky fruit buns, HCBs are a more sophisticated dough, wetter and spiced, glazing adds nothing IMO.

First you eat with your eyes - Feast on sticky enticement. Crave the promise of lip smack. Ogle in shiny wonderment - Then taste

5 Likes

But they are for lent, to be eaten before Easter Sunday. After that they can be forgotten for the foreseeable future and a delightful array of sticky and iced buns can return to the menu.

1 Like

Personally I think lent is too long and can usually only endure them for 2-3 weeks.

Nooooo

They’re half price for 3 weeks afterwards.

Gotta love a bargain :wink:

1 Like

Exactly…and by which time mince pies are starting to be sold again as the Christmas run up begins.

The circle is squared.

2 Likes

I think it has to be HCB, then Scones, then briefly muffins (the heady days of conspicuous excess) then finally mince pies.

1 Like

If we’re doing C of E cakes then you’ve left out simnel cake and also missed pancake day. There may be others …

VB

Quite right.

On a similar note, Christmas ain’t over until the puddings are reduced to 50p.

(That’s usually about the second/third week in January).

Surely you mean bread cake…? :thinking:

Lent? :thinking: How does that work, you can’t return them after you’ve eaten them…

1 Like

I’m sure you can, but you are likely to be arrested.

Let’s just get this nailed down before it goes too far…

2 Likes

When a ‘Northern Monkey’ proclaims, EEEEEEE, I’m sweatin’ cobs! Do they mean bread rolls or one of the other types of cob? I’ve always wanted to know…

2 Likes

Cob means round, so for the ignoramus sweating cobs means working hard and getting large round beads of sweat.

1 Like

You need to ignore my anus :smile:

Do one about baps. That will be much betterer.

1 Like