Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Don’t forget to add beer into the dough mix.
Helps to give fluffy light texture.:+1:

Already formulating my glaze… honey with some limoncello.

Drunken baking FTW!

giphy%20(2)

5 Likes

Hmm maybe I should wait until I am clearer of mind.

Have you started them yet?

Nah not yet …

Definitely in the morning … just need a little snoozle right now.

One of the many reasons we need an aa youtube chanel.

2 Likes

How much proving went on? Were they rising?

When it comes to paternity or HCBs Mr MWS always demands prove

I proved the dough for an hour or so, it probably doubled in size. I made the buns and left them for about 10 mins and it looked like they had risen a bit but the recipe didn’t really ask for anything else at this stage. I did use the conventional oven and the buns took longer to cook in it than the recipe stated. I suppose they had about 10 minutes more. They didn’t seem to grow much in the oven…

That last recipe I made called for an hour’s worth, knocking back, then 30 mins more, then into bun shapes on a tray, inside a sealed bag & 40 mins like that before going in the oven. A right palaver.

Up with the larks…

Butter, salted, slightly.

Lemon, unwaxed, prior to grating.

Everyone should experience this feeling on a morning, especially with eyes closed for extra enhancement.

Floury dog.

Ready to prove.

3 Likes

Hmmmm… maybe I should have proved more. Does it sound like a proving issue to you? The dough did seem to have the correct consistency as I was making them, nice and elastic.

This recipe asks for at least an hour and a half proving…

What is it with the pencil? Are you trying to draw on your plumbing experience?

Hope you washed your hands. :grinning:

Nearly and hour and a half prove time and definitely doubled in size. Going to leave for another 20 mins.

One small note of alarm though… there is a funny smell from it.

I am no Hercule Poirot but it could be that the labels on the spice jars may not be a true representation of what is inside. I strongly suspect that the ground spice mix may be Garam Masala ffs. That wife of mine… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Peshwari naan then?

1 Like