Weird intermittent hum from phono stage. Ideas?

This gaff is getting more like a B-movie every day

2 Likes

Donā€™t drone on, you old queen

2 Likes

Oooooh, get you honey!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Erm, I know this is part of the bee related ā€œhilarityā€, but if they are indeed fucked, I am looking at replacing them with Audio Note Kaisei onesā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Actually, Graeme @Valvebloke, seeing as youā€™ve had one of these apart, do you fancy having a go at mine? Not looking for a freebie, Iā€™d just like to give the business to someone on here.

Thanks for the offer Rob. To be honest though in mine the fault was very clear. It wasnā€™t there one day and it was, very loudly and all the time, the next. Even then I was reluctant to open it up because I donā€™t normally do solid-state stuff but I didnā€™t have any choice in that case as I needed it working that weekend. The other problem is that Iā€™m snowed under at the moment and if Bob (ICHM) thought I was jumping other peopleā€™s jobs past his then, well, it might go badly for me. For example if he were ever to find out that Craig (Cragger) is due here tomorrow then Iā€™d be in very hot water.

Oh.

Damn.

VB

5 Likes

Ok Graeme, thereā€™s no rush as Iā€™ve got the Angle Audio working adequately, actually sounding quite nice now Iā€™ve messed around with the loading, but I understand if youā€™re snowed under.

Anyone else who knows what theyā€™re doing fancy a crack at it?

Edited title to reflect which component is actually fucked.

Itā€™s a much rarer occurring tadpole field

1 Like

Donā€™t tell him your name Pike.

Sorry, wrong thread, should be on the fish pun thread. Oops!

1 Like

1 Like

That would be one in the eye for me and Iā€™d feel pretty crushed, or would that be mashed?

1 Like

You have just bought a Transfiguration cart and you are using an Angle or Phono box :flushed: You really need to borrow something off Bob, hum or no hum :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

This

But Iā€™m a fucking pauper. If I borrow something nice off Bob, Iā€™ll want to buy it and my children will have to wear rags and eat gruel.

The Transfiguration was offered to me at a very advantageous rate, btw,

Theyā€™ll survive.

8 Likes

Character-forming: youā€™ll be doing them a favour :+1:

4 Likes