What albums have you bought lately?

Yep. It was the release price that put me off. £85 is not great, but not unreasonable.

Have you gone into the muffin smuggling business? I’m impressed by your shopping prowess.

Sold a couple of things yesterday,so that’s paid for it.
I’m not sure really why i bought it,stupid price. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Astra tyre valve dust caps?

Couple of signed pics of me lying on the bonnet.

6 Likes

Mine hasn’t arrived yet

1 Like

4LP box set pre order. Still hoping the powers that be at Paisley Park get around to releasing some live output soon.

I like quite a few tracks from most of there albums,though consistency wise,meat is murder is the best they did imo

Which one is Rubber Ring on, was it a compilation?

Louder than bombs i think

1 Like

Just had a look and they all have brilliant songs on, couldn’t choose one really.

I used to say I hated The Smiths and then I listened to them properly.

Best band ever. I used to queue for the new albums on the day they came out.

3 Likes

That was me, couldn’t get past the voice for a long time, then realised it was just different, and then got the tunes behind the voice and it all came together. Rank is a great live album but I like them all. I got the box set that came out about 5 or 6 years ago.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I just didn’t want to like them as I’d been told how good they were so much before I listened to them. When I gave them a chance that changed.

The Smiths were brilliant at singles and all their albums contain some great tracks but I don’t think any of their albums are classic albums, louder than bombs could be the exception. Rank is my personal favourite.

I would largely agree with this. I would add that they were absolutely brilliant as a live act. I saw them very regularly from 1983 onwards. Most annoyingly, more than half the Smiths gigs that I bought tickets for in 1985 and 1986 were cancelled. I was at the gig Rank was recorded at. The played 21 songs but only 14 are on the LP which makes it kind of hard to listen to.

I probably listen to Hatful of Hollow most of all.

2 Likes

As someone from the generation after, meh.

1 Like

Think TheThe were probably one of the only other bands who were upto there level in the 80s

2 Likes

You youngsters with your acid house and your grunge…:roll_eyes:

Meh. If you want to pick an act from the 4AD roster Matt Johnson wouldn’t be in the first three or four I would nominate. I thought most of their better stuff was early 1990s anyway.

1 Like

Jangly indie with adenoidal vocals?:sleepy: