What albums have you bought lately?

Blues For Brother George Jackson is one of my favourite pieces of music

1 Like

Greatly lookinā€™ forward to hearing this & the album in its entirety. Wish Iā€™d read the All music guide review all those years agoā€¦not that I wuz even aware of this site at the time.

Yasmina a black woman & Blase are two of my strong favourites. Pretty much anything on the French Actuel label & all of the Black Saint - Soul Note albums also. Pretty much all of his stuff Iā€™ve bought so far has been rewarding or engaging, one way or tā€™other.

I need to investigate more of his partnership with Horace Parlan also.

1 Like

Well I have no clue who Archie Shell is / was, but thanks to your words and the magic of Spotify I shall be finding out tomorrow.

:+1:

1 Like

Repped for the passion, canā€™t stand feckinā€™ Jazz

1 Like

Four for Trane gets played here a lot. Particularly Naima

1 Like

That album has had at least two plays in the last week here.

ā€œMagic of Ju Juā€ & also " Conversations " with The Kahil Elā€™Zabar Ritual Trio are also now to the fore-end of my current wishlist of albums I plan on buying fairly soon!

Thereā€™s a treasure trove of stuff on Spotify - his sixties stuff is very much free form but the four early seventies albums are where he gets more political and the music is a bit more soulful.

He is one of the greats.

1 Like

Havenā€™t heard Ju-Ju in a good while. Iā€™ll play it tomorrow

Have you heard their live album with Pharoah Sanders Chris - OMG as the kids say

Alas , not as yet Allan.

Actually, thatā€™s another that Iā€™ve fancied from sometime back. Kahil Elā€™Zabar Ritual Trio are one of those bands Iā€™ve been meaning to investigate further. I think there are several albums at least with Billy Bang, which also further piques my interest in hearing more from this band.

Iā€™ve been taking a hiatus from the hi-fi since Iā€™ve been on an Xbox One binge but today while playing the game Watchdogs three jazz tracks came on - one track; I canā€™t remember now but will find out tomorrow, from this dude

The Sky Inside

Just listening to this just now on Spotify and itā€™s excellent

and the rather excellent track Cluj-Napoca from this album

Rigamarole

Strange days indeed :+1:

Sorry the other another was this guy
Loom

1 Like

LP

Cheapy from the HMV bargain binā€¦

Remastered series. Ā£12.50.

Oh, and this just arrivedā€¦

1 Like

Top banana.

If you ever feel the need to replace your woofers try ā€œMouth of Kalaā€ from the previous album at, err, considerable volume.

1 Like

I heard Gojira recently. Havenā€™t heard heavy stuff like that for years but I liked it. Iā€™ll have to get some

Itā€™s not my usual stuff as itā€™s too heavy, but Magma has plenty of Proggy phrasing going on and proper vocals.