What albums have you bought lately?

I don’t really go for special release (well, very often anyway) but I couldn’t resist this…

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think that is one of PT’s best.

1 Like

How does it compare to the previous issue with regard to the mix?

Dunno. Not played it yet. It looks good but :ok_hand:

1 Like

Goat - Live Ballroom Ritual

LP

10 quid ! - Amazon

Stereocilia - The Road To The Unconscious Past LP

Beer fuelled splurge - I blame Mike @MJ2 :grin:

Spiritual Jazz Volume 7: Islam - double comp album

This one is interesting - it’s recorded by Rovi aka Piero Umiliani who used the Rovi name for his jazz recordings.

2 Likes

Don’t bring me into your alcohol fuelled indulgences. I’ve got more than enough problems with my own, I’ll have you know :smiley:

1 Like

bought 2 lovely lalo schifrin albums

sudden impact and the dead pool [ clint eastwood ]

I visited the 4ad site today for the first time in several years. As a result I bought these:

Lush: Origami

and

Colourbox: Music of the band (1982-1987) compiled by Wolfgang Tillmans

The total bill was £125 including delivery, that’ll teach me to window shop…

Triple LP Pre-Order

1 Like

Petty, Gabrielle Aplin and the Wish You Were Here remaster were all bought new, Miller, Who, Clapton were from record stalls at the market local to my parents and the record store I found in Newquay a couple of weeks ago.

The Gabrielle Aplin album is on 2 white 180g discs which have to be played at 45RPM. Does sound very good.

WYWH sounds awesome, I have it on a transparent green disc too but it sounds shit. The Kids Are Alright sounds fucking awesome, too. All of them do, really. Probably down to upgrading to an RB300 and AT-F7 - thanks to the advice and stock room of Edd9000.

I was walking past The Music Box in Wallingford and saw this…

It’s a new 180g pressing. As mine was a charity shop special and a bit too worn/crackly, I thought it would be rude not to :relaxed:

ftfy

1 Like

I resisted the temptation to point out the obvious. Unless @MGOwner indulged himself in a spot of shoplifting, in which case the price was still too high.

:thinking:

I likes a bit of Cocker, me.

{waits for the usual hilarious editing from some humourless simpleton}

I question your bracket choice for this use. :neutral_face:

Please choose your preferred response;
a) I haven’t slept for a while
b) I don’t give a shit
c) fuck off !

2 Likes

aBc is not the right choice for cocker

Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun

Vinyl

Yet another copy, having sold my previous record collection (inc an original of this and maaany others) for fucking buttons. Muppet.

1 Like