What albums have you bought lately?

Some mirthful choices as a nice tonic fer the Christmas period wankery.

Bought this too. >>

Quite enjoyed his other album from my last post on first listen, so have just ordered this 'un fer good measure.

An avant-gardist Argentinian progressive rock symphony (there is simply no other way to describe it), it features a full string section, each track played by Szajko (no synthesizers involved). It has Latin dances, huge orchestral gestures dipped in atonality, and off-kilter drumming by Piny Levalle. FranƧois Couture, All Music Guide.

All albums on CD. All the Pete 'n Dud arriving on Tues on Amacuntz Primeā€¦Along with the Wes Montgomery box set which wuz delayed last weekā€¦according to the latest update.

1 Like

I already have 3 out the four there. I will be looking out for the Orquesta Salvaje :thumbsup:

The recent Peter Cook doc on BBC4 was pretty good. Iā€™ve only heard bits of the original release Derek & Clive, maybe an album side at a time. Quite looking forward to the whole lot as originally intended, rather than any of the best of nonsense. There is a 5cd best of that looks worth having for the completist, but Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for a good price on a copy of The Misty Mister Wisty next.

Yeah well worth checking out that album I reckon. There is a fair bit of stuff with rock & proggy elements on the Slam label. The Pinski Zoo stuff may well be worth you checking out, very propulsive rhythm section underpinned by a slightly unconventional twin bass player arrangement on their later albums. Should be of interest to anyone that likes fusion or left field jazz. Jan Kopinskiā€™s solo stuff is all pretty much uniformly excellent too!

1 Like

Noice. Thanks Chris.

Incredibly as it was a complete longshot, Amazon have delivered a copy of Hills ā€˜Master Sleepsā€™ on vinyl after I speculatively ordered it 6 months ago!

Will be hot footing it out of Chesterfield shortly to get home and give it a spin tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

James Vincent McMorrow - We Move Boxset

1 Like

LP

LP

3 Likes

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41kJmH4N3hL.jpg

74p + postage, just now from Amazon.

Iā€™ve had the first World Service since it came out. I didnā€™t realise that there had ever been a second one, so thanks to whoever posted it (probably on the ā€œlistening to ā€¦ā€ thread) on here.

Cheers.

LP

Christmas present as my old copy is poo.

ORIGINAL LP: The Raven

SIDE 1:

1. LONGSHIPS
  2. THE RAVEN
  3. DEAD LOSS ANGELES
  4. ICE
  5. BAROQUE BORDELLO
  6. NUCLEAR DEVICE

SIDE 2:

1. SHAH SHAH A GO GO
  2. DONā€™T BRING HARRY
  3. DUCHESS
  4. MENINBLACK
  5. GENETIX

BONUS RED VINYL LP: The Raven - Treasures Captured

SIDE 3:

1. FOOLS RUSH OUT
  2. Nā€™EMMENES PAS HARRY
  3. G. m. b. H.
  4. VIETNAMERICA
  5. YELLOWCAKE UF6

SIDE 4:

1. SHAH SHAH A GO GO (Long Version)
  2. BEAR CAGE (Long Version)
  3. NUCLEAR DEVICE/GENETIX (BBC Radio 1 Session)
4 Likes

Iā€™m a bit surprised the bonus LP doesnā€™t include a rendition of The Raven. Hugh Cornwell would probably be good at it. In the meantime hereā€™s Christopher Lee

VB

2 Likes

Always enjoyed Vincent Priceā€™s dialog in this Alice Cooper song.

LP

1 Like

This, just orderedā€¦

https://dhgkpqsiufwl2.cloudfront.net/media/ArticleSharedImage/imageFull/.f70jAPjV/ArticleSharedImage-68087.jpg

Just recently bought this -

because it has ā€˜Butterfly Collectorā€™ live on it :slight_smile:

and this ā€¦

Void Beats / Invocation Trex

LP

1 Like

Another xmas present.