What albums have you bought lately?

I am going to start making Fuzz-Jazz, featuring long-droning two-note fuzz guitar melodies interspersed with noodling Jazz flute solos.

It will be the best music. Believe me.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

You may remain silent about until December 24th next year when your services will be required once again.

Spaceman does not do fuzz guitars. :confounded:

In the last couple of years Spaceman has done nowt good or original. Think he’s sort of just drifting in space.

1 Like

Sorry, I was thinking of Spacemen 3 :+1:

2 Likes

This is very true. The free jazz stuff with Mathew Shipp was poor, and the other stuff with Kid Millions was (ahem) challenging. It is 5 years since Sweet Heart, Sweet Light and a further 4 since Songs in A+E. So he really has done nothing much of interest since 2003.
:disappointed:

LoneLady - Hinterland

B12 Electro-Soma (v retro!)

Oneohtrix point never - Good Time soundtrack (a bit more up to date)

All from the Bleep / Warp sale of downloads

1 Like

That is a great LP. I bought the vinyl reissue earlier this year. One of the best things to hit the shops in 2017.

1 Like

Well I remember it from the 90s. If I ever had a copy it’s long gone. So £4.50 for the FLAC seemed good to me.

Yep, it is from the 1990s, which is why I was chuntering on about the reissue. An outstandingly good (re)release in what has been a pretty dull year musically.

Sonic Jesus - Neither Virtue Nor Anger

LP bought yesterday lunchtime from a record shop on Discogs… delivered by the postman at 10 am today. :+1:

Newbury Comics have exclusivley reissued three Zappa albums, all ordered :slight_smile:

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/vendors?q=frank+zappa

1 Like

Wandered into the new Rough Trade store in Bristol this evening.

Picked this up…it’s Krautrock apparently!

1 Like

Lucky to get a Rough Trade, they have lots of in store events etc. Would love to have one near to me.

1 Like

I knew I used to spend all wages at Ladbroke grove store and the in store gigs were manic, I shall be locating the Bristol one in the near future

Got a voucher for Christmas, spent it on this soundtrack

2 Likes

Some good mostly box set action, fer a nice little long overdue buying flurry.

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

download (1)

I already have Dakar & West Coast Jazz from the above 2 sets, but they still represent t’riff value @ only £18 delivered for both sets.

41l2tZrm6uL

CD1 : DAVID MURRAY - Live at the Lower Manhattan Ocean Club New Year’s Eve 1977 gig with Lester Bowie, Fred Hopkins and Phillip Wilson, originally released on India Navigation. CD2 : JOHN LINDBERG’S TRIPOLAR - (A)Live at Roulette, NYC String Trio of New York bassist Lindberg, with Don Davis (sax) and Kevin Norton (drums), recorded in sparkling form in New York, 2010 CD3 : LESTER BOWIE - The Great Pretender Gospel-drenched outing with Fontella Bass, Martha Bass and David Peaston on vocals. CD4 : LESTER BOWIE with WILLIAM PARKER & PHILLIP WILSON - Steel & Breath Trumpet, bass and drums trio, studio recording from NYC, 1991

MI0004018110

MI0004135056 (1)

All the above are on CD

This last two are FLAC downloads from 7digital

MI0004156085

SX355

I also have a further five Slam Productions albums on CD imminently arriving from the States, which I’ll post up separately sometime. Really nice bountylicious start to t’ Nooo Yurrr!

2 Likes

LP

Jonas Reinhardt - Conclave Surge

LP

1 Like

Ditto.

Re issue of Aircooled next. Detox twins single will be soon as well

Whatever soon means.

Both worth having Steve :+1:

Might not need the single…
:smirk: