What albums have you bought lately?

Next you will be buying him a Colombian necktie for Xmas…

Playing the Edwin Starr LP now and it’s very nice indeed :+1:

3 Likes

Love : Forever Changes - 50th anniversary edition

33RPM Vinyl + hilariously quaint 24/96 DVD stereo + CD stereo + mono + singles & outtakes + alternate mix

What made me buy this was the fact it’s been remastered from scratch again with Bruce Botnick involved. Of course involving some deaf old git from half a century ago can be a disaster (witness many Doors remasters…), but this one has worked - and I really like it, because it has found some of the missing frequency extremes edited out by Botnick and Lee back in '67, and does so without losing any of the original’s fluidity, and FWIW, this has worked to open out soundstaging too.

The original glowed warmly like an LA sunset, and the last Rhino reissue did too - and with that in mind, this is both inauthentic and inessential, but it is thoroughly satisfying to get a little closer to live-sounding instruments and voices after soooo long :+1:

For fellow completists - if you like the Mofi remaster, you probably won’t like or want this.

1 Like

Back To The World is probably my fav Curtis Mayfield album :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes

An adhoc purchase today…

2 Likes

Ah…Headache…
Why did I open that??

Gonna party like it’s 1995

2 Likes

8d08d0d406775457fb243a2e28d1f18ecbb102ae

514K1dsDumL

SX355

SY355

41H4BVETZAL

All on CD.

Johnny Marr’s new 'un.
Silver signed 30 quid.
https://johnnymarr.tmstor.es/
Restisted the T shirt/cassette/beer mat/mug/cd bundle

1 Like

512rF4FGy1L

4127Y5EFARL

Both on CD.

3 Likes

Just home from The Heads gig…it was excellent… I am now a bit poorer

Blue vinyl

Pink vinyl

LP

And another one I cannot find on Discogs

3 Likes

If it is RKT then you won’t find it on Discogs because it was pressed up for this short run of gigs. I’ve never seen a band shift merch like The Heads. I’m told they did £5K at The Lexington to a crowd of 350 max. That will be a solid investment in a couple of years.

Yes - it is RKT!

1 Like

The vinyl was flying off the table last night.

Goat are pretty good at it too,

Their last single sold out in minutes, literally !

2 Likes