What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Tipupability. Takes far less effort to swing a little bottle up to draining angle than a big 'un.

A couple of lunchtime pints of…

Followed by a couple of…

Then…

Descibed as an Amarone Buster. Not sure about that but it’s a wine that punches well above it’s weight. Produced using the same techniques but utilising riper fruit from Sicily. Well worth trying at £12 quid (which is a third of the cost of an Amarone),
Bought from Laithwaites.

1 Like

Fucking long week and it’s only Wednesday. :persevere:

2 Likes

Mixed with ??

Probably nowt as it tastes great

Mixed? If I could mainline it I would! :grin:

1 Like

Needed another…

6 Likes

1 Like

if you are making a Gibson with gin - I keep some silver skin onions steeping in a mixture of Campari and onion pickling liquor, makes a nice twist on the traditional garnish. I also use a couple of drops of the onion pickling liquor to the cocktail…does need some planning ahead as they need to be steeped for about a min of a week.

1 Like

I’ll try that!

A very nice Negroni at hipster central in Soho

And now a very dry Gibson, made with Sipsmith VSOP Gin (57%)

1 Like

Drinks look good.

Name and shame please.

They are damned good - Bar Termini Soho branch - Old Compton Street, you’ll need to book

1 Like

Cheers.

Pictures make it look very nice. I’ll have to try to check it out.

After Simon mentioned Campari the other day to mix with my onions for a Gibson cocktail. I got home this evening and made this. I poured Campari over the ice in the shaker, slooshed it around and poured the excess away then added Belvedere vodka, stirred and served with onions. It is really delicious! This must have been done before, what’s it called?

2 Likes

3 Likes

French Onion Soup :+1:t3:

Tonight -

2 Likes

Italo-polish onion soup maybe… :grinning:

1 Like

Aye - lob some croutons in there too - line your stomach out for a proper old back-of-the-G-plan-cocktail-cabinet mashup sesh :+1:t3:

Used to do it alphabetically back in the breaking & entering days - rarely got past Absinthe + Advocaat mind…

3 Likes

Just home from work, so…

3 Likes