What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

A 1:1 mix of the following. I once had proper flu at Christmas. Was staying with my old man at the time. He prescribed 3 of these in quick succession (dragged me to the pub on Christmas morning, despite my condition).

and

1 Like
1 Like

Mescal tasting set

2 Likes

Roast pork decider

I have very fond memories of driving up to Hanging Rock Winery, then across to Chateau Tahbilk and finishing up in Heathcote with a car full of Wine about twice a year for 20 years. Wild Duck Creek is on the way too where my favourite Syrayan Shiraz was produced as a hobby by the friend of a friend until he hit the (winemaker’s) jackpot in about 1997. Big operation now, but you could buy it for cash out of a shed very, very reasonably back then.

1 Like

Many a small producer went the same way. Cruikshanks in the Upper Hunter was a fave back in the early 80s. 3 great wines (all Cab Sav) sold from a tin shed. The first visit there was during bottling and a bunch of people were sitting around a table putting labels on the bottles. I had to wait until enough labels were in place to fill my order :rofl:

The subsequent visits over a 4 year period were similar. Then an investor popped up and the place was unrecognisable. Paved tree lined driveway, specially build visitor’s centre, glass walls with all the stainless steel equipment behind. Characterless atmosphere and the wine was not what it used to be - 10 varietals (white and red), bubbles and port.

Grew too big, too quickly, then imploded. Equipment sold, the owner (sans investor) went to work for Rosemount as he was now bankrupt.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Polished of the last big bottle of Hoegaarden. Left with this, and I’m not sure if I like…

Haven’t shaved for a few days, so has to be a Hipster one of these -

:joy: :beers:

2 Likes

Schoolboy error :open_mouth:, no Leffe’s cold, so on to

1 Like

Staying in the Far East -

I was about to say that this finishes off my wine club Xmas box, but just realised that there’s a bottle of Port in the garage… :grinning:

Result ! :+1:

/tries and fails to come up with Xmas box / back door rude pun…

1 Like
3 Likes

Thatchers Zoider

2 Likes