What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Recommended by someone on here a few days ago; sorry, can’t remember who.

Rather nice it is, too :beers:

This is lovely and refreshing

On paper this should be pretty damn quaffable…
St Emilion Grand Cru
Grand Vin de Bordeaux
Decanted, stood for a hour or 2.

Verdict is once again the Frogs have plucked defeat from the jaws of vinecultural victory.
10.99 from Lidl and theres better wine on their shelves for 4 quid.
Worth 14 quid? Like fuck it is.

2 Likes

That’s an odd combination; Grand Cru grapes but with no Chateau or Winemaker putting their name on it.

I suspect it was made by someone that normally does good work, and didn’t turn out the way intended so got bottled up in such a fashion. Bit like an Edward Woodward release.

As an aside, the main wine co-operative warehouse for the St Emilion area is a massive place.

Nail head hit.
Too embarassing for anyone to put their name to it.

Not always the case but I suspect it’s true in this instance.

Had a pint and a half of Carlsberg at lunchtime, chosen as it was extra cold apparently. Soon warmed up in the sun though.

1 Like

Wye Valley Bitter, despite glassware fail.

1 Like

No idea, but nice view (and shit photo).

Couple of these with pizza

1 Like

Castle Eden in a pub in Durham

2 Likes

Had some stinking bishop cheese last night - yum

Sun out ? =

Come to think of it,

Weather out ? =

:grinning: :beers:

They’ve been selling it for years. It used to be £7.99.

An assortment of Brewdog tins in the garden, and then a dogwalk to The Ship for a couple of pints of Blue Moon = Midweek Win :ok_hand:

1 Like

Have decided to have one of these as just back home after spending the last 36 hours at my Dad’s bedside and I need to be clear headed still.

He’s had the rites etc etc but being the tough old boy that he he decided to perk right up tonight and the family spent a good few hours in the room tonight listening to some of his fav tunes and having a laugh. Bless him. :beer:

12 Likes