What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Fuck knows Rob - I googled it same as you :rofl:

Only the best to christen it with :beers:

1 Like

Doesn’t taste it though.

I used to drink Woods, which smells really caramelly, but actually tastes quite rough. This stuff has the same aroma, but is dangerously smooth. Lovely over ice.

I prefer golden rum, such as Cockburns. I don’t really like the darker version, and a Bacardi overdose on my 17th birthday put me off white rum for life.

An old work mate of mine from the MoD, who I’ve unfortunately lost track of (can’t find him on fbook or anywhere, suspect he’s gone SIS, or tinfoil…) introduced me to other rum than Bacardi (which has its place, like in a Cuba Libre or a Mojito).

He used to get some really exotic stuff, the equivalent of 50yo malts in price, which were amazing, but way beyond what I’m prepared to pay for booze.

He had a couple of gallon flagons of genuine Royal Navy rum, one to drink, one as an investment. As far as my palate memory goes, the Pussers Gunpowder is the nearest to the RN stuff.

As a coincidence, a few years ago I found an empty WW1 rum flagon washed up on Crosby beach and toyed with the idea of filling it up with a decent navy rum, but I can’t really justify the cost…

3 Likes

Now trying to mitigate the Grouse and Pussers damage with Innis & Gunn IPA.

I’m going to be useless in the morning.

I get a litre of that every autumn from my family in Austria. it’s usually gone by new year…

G&Ts (natch)

Now, Tyskie in the sun.

1 Like

Inedit Damm

Ooh, posh. What’s it like?

Meanwhile:

A bit bland tbh Rob but I have four San Miguels chilling to save the day :+1:

1 Like

This is a truly lovely pint.

When it says Grapefruit and Mandarin, that is exactly what you get.

Easily the best of the Citrus Ales that I have tasted.

2 Likes

I really like the grapefruit infused ones. Elvis Juice is my current favorite

For a corporate, mass produced type ale I am really impressed.

Cold…chilled in the freezer for 45 minutes

2 Likes

Infusions in beer are the work of beelzebub :nerd_face:

6 Likes

What about ginger? :wink:

Ginger beer is a different entity where the main flavour and constituent is ginger.
It is NOT beer with ginger in it.

Next :roll_eyes:

2 Likes