What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Another please barman

2 Likes

Taste testing Lopwell brews.

First up was Safety BBQ Pale Ale;
still hazey (which should clear by then), sub-optimal carbonation (again, a couple of weeks will improve this). Basic flavour should balance to “refreshing” with fruity hop character.

4 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

Nice and cold

1 Like

Aren’t Tyskie sponsoring the entire weekend?

God, I haven’t seen that for yonks.

Enjoy Gareth :beers:

1 Like

It would seem :smirk:

Do you do before & after OG measurements? What a.b.v do you think it’ll be?

Lopwell ale tasting Part the Seconde…

Tapes & Capes Tawny Ale;
Vague haze, good carbonation, malt sweetness which leads to a clean bitterness (although slightly distinct). Fragrant hops and malt depth make it a good session ale.
Another 2 weeks will reduce the aroma but should integrate the flavours better.

3 Likes

I take measurements throughout. Off the top of my head;
Safety BBQ Pale Ale is 3.9% and Tapes & Capes Tawny Ale is 4.2%.

3 Likes

I’m doing a Muntons Old English at the mo which started at 1036 but which should (if it’s going to be 4.5%) end up at about 1000.Presumably it just stops decreasing once the sugars are gobbled up?

https://d27dyaf1itptjc.cloudfront.net/brews/birds-bees/_brew_portrait_large/Birds-Bees-WEBSITE_180426_145227.png?mtime=20180426145227

Couple of these tonight :+1:

Lots of nice beers over the weekend. Up in Banchory with in-laws and there’s a great beer shop there (ABV)- great selection. Enjoyed a selection of (generally very strong) beers from Loch Lomond brewery, 6 Degrees North, Partizan…forget the others

1 Like

Simple sugars (sucrose) will be eaten relatively quickly producing course alcohol with a cidery taint. Complex sugars (maltose, dextrose) will take longer but will result in less but cleaner alcohol.

I don’t expect the brew to finish at 1000. That would suggest no residual malt left. This would make a thin alcoholic beverage that may resemble beer but…

Expect closer to 1010 for a better malt finish.

2 Likes

Beer poured and tunes on - Oakham Citra M&S stylee

Slainte :beers:

3 Likes

Lovely stuff that Birds & Bees :+1:

You’ve gotta love B&M Bargains…

£1.25 a bottle.

2 Likes

I will join you Terry with my expensive version :beers:

I needs to get me some of that from B&M :+1:

2 Likes