What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

I can’t do spirits much any more. Not sure I ever could actually, but they give me horrendous hangovers now, coincidentally (or not…:thinking:) since about my mid 30’s…

Anyway, A couple of these:

1 Like

I’m a bit of a fan of those too

My local Costcutter has gone Innis & Gunn mad lately. 24 packs of the Session IPA for £12, and 12 packs of the Oak Aged for a tenner.

9 pints? During a rugby game? Blimey! That is some going.

To be fair, the beer at Wigan Warriors is piss weak John Smiths nitrogen crap. It’s a stupid lads thing really, we only go to about 4 or 5 matches a season.

I keep thinking you’ve accidentally left your lipstick in shot in your booze photos

3 Likes

images%20(1)

Got a bottle of this for Fathers Day and never tried it before.

What do I mix it with, or do I just drink it straight out of the bottle?

2 Likes

i normally drink it neat over ice but it is a bit sweet

you could make a Sloe Gin Cocktail

60 ml sloe gin
10 ml dry vermouth
1 dash angustura bitters

stir well over ice, strain into a martuni glass

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

If it’s sweet I’ll need something to take that down. I’ll try it neat with ice first and report back

Ok, how about a sloe comfortable screw (against the wall) - a variation of a screwdriver

45ml vodka
90ml orange juice
15 ml southern comfort (I’ve used bourbon as I think southern comfort is too sweet)

mix the above three together and then float about 20ml of sloe gin on the top so the colours gently mix.

if you want it against the wall then float about 15ml of Galiano liqueur on top of the sloe gin.

Wow, a couple of those and forget about against the wall, I’d probably be on the floor…

bookmarks post for future reference

what i actually make is a screw driver (vodka and orange) to taste then mix in a table spoon of bourbon and the float on about a tablespoon of the sloe gin.

The wider the glass the more slow gin you’ll need for the float.

you can also have a sloe gin negroni.

I normally make a negroni with

20ml dry gin
20ml campari
20ml red vermouth

but you can either split the gin into 10ml dry gin and 10ml sloe gin. or stick with the 20ml dry gin and add 15ml sloe gin to the above recipe, some say it should be equal parts of all the ingredients, but I find it too sweet

most of my recipes especially those I can’t remember are based on those from diffords guide

cos I don’t really do sweet cocktails, if I see something I might like that has a sweet liqueur in it, I’ll either reduce the quantity or swap.for something loosely similar but less sweet. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

2 Likes

4 Likes

First Tyskie for ages

2 Likes

Haven’t partaken in one of these for a while, either

Nectar :smile:

:beers:

3 Likes

Coincidentally, I have just put one in the fridge for later. :beers: