What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Tesco Finest - I believe.

Are we talking about the Sloe Gin, or the wine that I posted ( @unclepuncle replied to my post viz Riesling - but it’s early in the morning) ?

was too early in the morning - now I see what you mean,… Yes the Sloe Gin is Tesco Finest…

TBH I am clueless at describing wines.

I tried it here

http://www.thesampler.co.uk/store/

which was good fun anyway - put the magic card in the machine, the machine gives you booze.

This is what they have to say about this particular wine

http://www.thesampler.co.uk/product/12837/Smallfry-Barossa-Riesling-2015/

Off-dry - not sweet sweet, but not bone dry either and definitely not to everyone’s taste. The wifelet didn’t like it at all.

I love a fresh, flinty Reisling. It’s a very refreshing style with the best versions being produced north of the Barossa in Clare and Eden Valley.

Depends what I’m eating but I do like a medium sweet slightly honeyed riesling and often buy the decent German ones with quite low alcohol content (7-10%) - particularly good with roast chicken and caramelised onion sandwiches.

Total cock up. As you were.

Lovely this

Ineed it is - even nicer when you can get it on draught - thats’ not meant to rub it in Paul it’s quite hard to get on draught even on the mainland. :beer:

1 Like

Just treated myself to these to celebrate dry January

and

1 Like

Really liked the Wild West last night. The Sazerac is good in a lightish, spicy sort of way, but the WW has a lot more going for it - a denser flavour and lingers longer. WW do, I think, 3 or 4 varieties; I’m looking forward to trying them all over the next year or so

High

Correct :grimacing:

Tasting notes:
This is a classic grape made different. The chocolate and cherry is strong with this one. Imagine a liquid Black Forest Gateaux. Classic Merlot has these as standard but this is turbo-charged. Mouth filling but not heavy. I’ve not bothered to try it with food. This wine stands alone. It’s not subtle but who wants subtle ???

Nice and refreshing

1 Like

Yorkshire Tea. :zipper_mouth:

Oh dear