What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

Sorry I’m a fud - clearly not enough drink yet :grinning:

Yesterday evening - finish it off tonight.

Chicken Madras nearly done so a couple of bottles of this to wash it down:

Last night it was proper dry Martinis made with this.

Still feeling a bit green around the gills!

1 Like

I’ve been tempted by that myself - what’s it like?

It seemed very nice, several cuts above the ordinary shite I’d usually drink. My host yesterday had been taking lessons from a barman on a cruise he’d been on who had recommended Tanqueray No10 for the purpose of Martinis but this Tesco stuff had enough of interest for me.

I’d have to defer to our resident Gin expert here for a more definitive opinion, I haven’t tried enough of the alternatives. Seemed bloody strong though!

I adore Tanqueray no. 10

Loaded with Chinook hops, geddit?

1 Like

https://www.crackawines.com.au/Images/ImageGalleryPortraitNoWaterMark/NV_ROUGE_HOMME_CABERNET_SAUVIGNON.png

I am having a cup of Yorkshire tea :confused:, I have done a brisket of beef pot roast for dinner which would be magnificent with that. I will stick with my tea as I am enjoying not being yellow :relieved:. I do feel a bit sad about the absence of wine at the moment though :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

This is very pleasant at the mo…

[quote=“Calmdown, post:91, topic:177”]
This is very pleasant at the mo…
[/quote]

Nice to see the butler has delivered it on a silver salver…:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Braised oxtail for dinner this evening - a lovely winter dish which needs a big, robust red. This was perfect - the XV refers to the volume - 15%

Quite quaffable

not great…i’d bet it was infused with most of its botanicals rather than distilled with them…I do have a bottle, but it is too raw for me. No subtle botanicals which are needed for a decent very dry Martini. Ok for a quick G&T or Gin Fizz…I should add, if you like the Gin… it matters not a jot what I might recommend.

For me Tanquery 10 is the start of the serious gins. It is the one most pubs should have if one is desperate for a G&T in your average pub. I’m not keen on drinking it neat or making a Martini with, as on my palate it leaves behind an unpleasant chemical taste. And its the only gin that has given me a serious handover.

If it were me making a Martini, i’d use Sipsmith VSOP, London No 1, Gordons Export, Geranium Gin, Portobello Road Gin… any London Dry distillation.

Tonight, I had to check whether our new bottle of

was ok. And I can report it is fine

3 Likes

Bought this to try as I’m in a Miss Marple mode :grinning:

Quite something - very very sweet but so tasty stuck a couple of ice cubes in it to tame the sweetness. Time to get the St Agur out :cheese:

we always have a bottle in the fridge, along with a decent bottle of fino (Tio Pepe en Rama) and a bottle of white port (which is great in a port and tonic… which if you want to enhance it even more, add a splash of Edinburgh Gin elderflower gin liqueur)…

Pedro Ximenez is great with a square of very dark and bitter chocolate (90% cocoa butter), just sucked in the mouth until your body heat melts it. The bitterness offsets the sweetness of the PX

1 Like

Good shout - I’ll stick it in the fridge. It’s like eating a big bowl of raisins - lovely stuff although I can feel Type 2 diabetes coming on if I have any more :grinning:

Trying a bottle of this Lot 20 Douro Grande Reserva for the first time £9.99 from Aldi.

05.30. I’ve just finished a bottle of cab sauv, 2 Peronis, about 4 large cognacs, 2 huge Aberlours, a bacon sandwich and a pint of water. The rest of the day is probably lost, but right now I’m feeling surprisingly fresh.

Ah well - haven’t seen my brother for six months, so it had to be done. Definitely time for bed.

3 Likes