What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

I’ve just decanted a bottle of this…

…for lunch of roast sirloin.

Yes, it says 2015. But apparently blended for immediate drinking. We’ll see.

Right. This is a surprise. No faults, and it’s deep purple colour suggests a heavy, robust mouthful. In reality, it has a surprising depth of flavour matched to a freshness which it should not possess. A little 2 dimensional but rich and tasty.
While it wouldn’t rate as a favourite, it is astonishingly drinkable. It went very well with the veeeery rare roast beef and could easily take on the The Cherry Tree Horseradish. It’s perfect food match was the roasted tatties, cooked in goose fat and laden with a squishy roasted whole garlic bulb. It worked with the sweet garlic and crunchy/fluffy intense flavours.
75/100.

1 Like

Having read that I just did a little excitement wee…

God I’m hungry and the wife’s a veggie. Life is cruel.

Man up and cook yourself summat :muscle:

1 Like

Roast pork for us (plenty of crackling too :yum:) so thought I’d open a nice little Italian number.

3 Likes

Fookin’ ell.

How many % ?

Where can one purchase this Amber nectar ?

My brother in law bought me a whole load of different Belgian beers for my birthday last week so I’m sampling one each evening. This one is interesting with a distinct honey flavour behind it. At first you think it’s too sweet but it isn’t. It’s very nice.

The Bush further up this thread was hefty stuff at 12%, this one is a more modest 8%.

I think he must’ve bought them in Belgium during our WW1 battlefields trip a few weeks ago.

I’ve used these before, good folk

1 Like

Didn’t realise,happy 60th…:thumbsup:

3 Likes

Fuck Off :smiley:

3 Likes

Ta, will invest :slight_smile:

This is another tasty sample. Cuvee des trolls. (7%)

followed by Chimay Brune

also 7%.

Surprising those Trappist monks can ever get up before noon.

2 Likes

tonight’s treats

followed by

Both delicious. This is a fine idea for a birthday/christmas present if you have any relatives who really don’t know what to buy for you.

2 Likes

Like all of the Leffe varieties. Nice and smooth and flavoursome.

Great site.
Just ordered a mixed crate of Chimay and a nice Chimay goblet to drink it in.:smiley:

Never ever drink white but just had some Aldi limestone Chardonnay on impulse as I drove past it on the way home to cook Hake fillets in chorizo butter.

It’s ok. Drinkable! High praise from a red only guy!

1 Like

1 Like

I’m having another fucking cup of tea…:rage:

1 Like

I’m working night shifts this week, so it’s tea all the way. Except right now. I’m standing on a cold, lonely Central line platform.