What are you listening to? V1.2

Ovoc

Bought on day of release in April 1980. Horrible flimsy early 1980s pressing, but sounds magnificent. Brings back memories of some wonderful gigs…

4 Likes

A mate of mine was the driver for that tour, also did follow spot and helped the sound engineer.
He was away for three months, and got us free tickets for the gig at The Dominion TCR.
The band were paid £30 a week. my mate got paid cash for all the extra jobs over and above driving, got paid tax free night out money by the agency, stayed at the same hotels as the band on their bill, didn’t put his hand in his pocket for 3 months, came back and put down a 30% deposit on a house.
He also has a fully signed copy of that album and a recording on metal cassette tape straight off the sound desk of a gig at Montreux.

There is a lot of money in Rock and Roll! :grinning:

1 Like

Ovoc, but a reissue. My original was nicked :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I do have the cassette version still. bought as soon as it came out

2 Likes

Most of my cure stuff is cassette! Sadly.

1 Like

OVOC

Bought on day of release in Spain in 1982 on a footballing jolly.

3 Likes

CDR2F.

1 Like

Hinterhof,
Molecular Love with a molecular sound 7 inch on orange vinyl.
Written by a familiar name…

CDR2F.

Did you get a signed one ?

Haha.
Nah. This was part of a haul of back issue DD stuff from a record seller. It’s old.
I had no idea who it was but its written by the “English” name for Mark! I only knew as his return to sender on the recent album mail out had his Sunday name. Sadly he doesn’t have back stock to plunder. I’ve asked :smirk:

I think the signed copies are still on Bandcamp

There are still copies of Minor Activity to be had.

Nothing detox or older…

2 Likes

CDR2F.

1 Like

None of that in two weeks please. :weary:

1 Like

Was

Now

Both ovoc.

Everything sounds so good on my 401 tonight. It’s going to be a late night :notes: :blush:

4 Likes

50p from the local charity shop, not bad.

1 Like