What are you listening to? V1.2

4 Likes

and so it continues along the NYA timeline of official releases

It’s been really great so far, but the experimental early to mid 80s period now beckons :confused:

5 Likes

Life and Landing on Water are challenging but there’s a few worthwhile tracks there.

2 Likes

not a period I really know tbh

I originally came in at Weld in 91, through to Mirrorball in 95, and through those discovered some of the 70s albums

recently I have been listening to the 70s stuff a lot, so I figured it’s time to try out the whole lot before they put a paywall in front of NYA

Challenging

2 Likes

I find myself consistently blown away by the quality of Kronos Quartet’s output.

The “crossover classical” (sets my teeth on edge just typing it) genre is stuffed with horrible attempts at popularising regular classical and misguided, often cheesy collaborations into popular music.

Kronos on the other hand always challenge, push boundaries, sound amazing and are genuinely inventive.

1 Like

Your arm’s bent. I’d send that back.

1 Like

My first exposure to NY was in '66 with the Buffalo Springfield and the much overplayed For What It’s Worth. If you don’t know that material it’s worth checking out. Rather like The Beatles, Young and Stephen Stills wrote an equal ish number of songs on each of their LPs. The Young stuff from then is fascinating; raw and naive. Many of those songs turn up years later reworked into others. He was with a band called the Squires, pre Springfield, who were a Shadows type group. I think these have put onto his Archives releases.

I tried it on Youtube. Very good in parts. very weird in others!

Truly the soundtrack for a rainy afternoon in the mind garden

2 Likes

2 Likes

LP

Not played this ages. Damn fine LP

6 Likes

The 3 latest PY singles

1 Like

Focus Maia Teriaeva

LP

1 Like

‘I start counting’ was reissued recently by Trunk, a nice listen.

Other than the Detox Twins, totally meh !