OVOC

Hmm, not really feeling the love for this oneā€¦

1 Like

Sun Kil Moon: Common as Light and Loveā€¦

1 Like

He really stretches my goodwill sometimes :smiley:

LP

Oh yeah, here we go

I really do think that The Fast Show had it right about some kinds of Jazz. This kind of it really should have the piss taken out of it, Iā€™m very close to not actually being able to finish the albumā€¦

Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying it. I have never been able to get into Red House Painters but his solo stuff is consistently challenging and creative. Reckon you have to be in the mood though. :grinning:

Iā€™m the other way in that I love the Red House Painters but sort of fell out of love with his solo work. I do agree about the constant challenge though.

Fab music to walk yer black dog toā€¦:grimacing:

1 Like

1 Like

Donā€™t fuckinā€™ bother with wank music then ! Easy :slight_smile:

Itā€™s finished, thank fuck.

OOVOC

Ahhhh, thatā€™s betterā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe try some more funky ā€˜out thereā€™ jazz first Rob.

Albert Ayler stuff is often cited as more challenging & often unfathomable.

Nice bit of Sun Ra mebbe. Lanquidity or Space is The Place (film soundtrack version preferably).

Iā€™ve a feeling you may like this, which I have on at the mo.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51KS29FYM9L.SX466.jpg

Slinky Indo/Brit jazz, that is pretty accessible, yet different from the norms of the day.

CDR2F.

1 Like

Yeah, or what Mr Discogs says Rob :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got it through the DeAgostini Jazz @33 1/3 subscription I have. Itā€™s the only one Iā€™ve seriously not liked. There have been a couple of others that were a bit out there, but didnā€™t sound like 40 minutes of tuning up.

Maybe Iā€™m not in the right frame of mind for it tonight.

Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music For Airports

VB

5 Likes

Was

Now

Ovoc

I used to love this mob. Havenā€™t listened to them in ages.

6 Likes

I fucked my Black Dog off some time ago but I do really like to listen to others walk theirs :grinning: This is excellent thoā€™ I think. Give it a go, itā€™s like he is channeling Wu Tang or DJ Shadow or something with the odd jarring cut to Americana. He has balls!

2 Likes